Boston RFE

boston55

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

Since there are not many postings for interview cases in local Boston office. Please post all RFE in Boston area here this would be help ful to all of us, to understand the time frame. I will start with mine
I –485 RFE issued to go to boston office on April 25 2003, waiting for letter for interview.

Boston guys please help let us know the process and interview procedure

Though we didn't get any RFE to go to boston office but we heard from our online and AVM messages that our cases have been transfered to Boston office. As per BCIS, our cases were transfered on 5/9/03. I think we might have to wait for a month before we could get the interview letters from Boston office. Hopefully, our interviews will be scheduled in Boston office at least by end of this year.

RD: 11/30/01
TD: 05/09/03

Thanks for the reply, If it is one month waiting it is good. ONe of my friend told me Boston office interviews are slow , waiting around six months, not sure if the informationis correct. Let us know of boston waiting periods

I meant 1 month waiting period for getting the interview letter from Boston office. According to the current trends at Boston office, we should consider ourselves lucky if we had wait for another 5-6 months after the receipt of interview letter.

Boston transfer

BostonFish and Boston55:

Do you guys get interview letter ? My case was transferred to Boston office on May 19. How long does it take from transfer to interview ? 6 monthes are too long. We would like to communicate with each aother more, we are on the same boat.
:(

do you interview letter?

boston55:

Do you get interview letter from Boston office ?
It is too bad to wait for another 6 monthes, my finger print will expire, and I will have to have it redo.:confused:

GCQ
rd:12/18/01

Boston Interview

bostonFish and Boston55:

Do you get interview notice from Boston office ? A friend of mine got the notice within a month (transfered in April, and got notice in May, and will have interview in June). It seems Boston works very fast. I have no notice yet from Boston office. Please share your information.

:mad: :mad:

That is very quick

Hi GCQ, could you post the details regarding your friend's case like type of petition (NIW or other) and anything that is specific to his case ? My NIW case (RD 12/03/2001) got transferred to Boston Office last month and still waiting for the notice. I will post the details soon after I get it. Thanks for your info.

My friend's case

I do not detail. Here is what I know, EB2 (not NIW), I140 and 485 in the same time in last year, and I140 approved 2 monthes ago, and one month later (April) case transfered to Boston, and interview will be in June. It seems her case is super fast. It is not an age-out case. Do not why? Interview notice asks her to bring passport and I140 support documents, it is normal.

I want to add my details to this ...

Hi ,

My case was transferred to Boston in Jan 6 of this year. After 1 month Boston sent me an interview letter for August. I also got a FP notice along with it for July. So at that time the wat time was 6 months for the interview. But I have seen more transfer cases now for which the candidate has recieved interview lettes and interviews earlier than mine. Mine was transferred during the special registration period. Maybe that is why they gave the interview after 6 months. Boston looks like they are scheduling interview faster now. My details are in the thread given below.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=73228

Regards,

toughdba.

GCQ,
We haven't heard anything from Boston office. It's been more than 3 weeks (TD :5/9) since our cases have transfered. I wish something like in your friend's case will happen to us. Based on my research in this forum, i can say that it would take 4-5 weeks to get the interview letter and i may have to wait for one or two week more to get interview letter. After getting the interview letter, i hope i don't have to wait for 6 months!.
We've already waited for long(18 months - RD: 11/30/01) and really don't have strength to wait for another 6 months.

EB3

Can you guys speculate as to why your cases were transferred? I think NIW usually gets transferred, but it is very strange to transfer after someone's case after responding to RFE.
Is it bcos of relocation to another service center or some period when self / spouse was out-of-status?
GC_Impatient

Hard to say. I moved from NJ to MA. I suspect this to be the reason. I dont think I can say that for sure. I was never out of status. I will find out in the interview I guess.

Thanks,

toughdba.

Before getting laid-off, My I-140 was approved with my previous company(A). After joining my present company(B), i filed for I-485 using employment letter from A as my current and past job duties were same. My present salary is 20K+ more than my labor certification salary. I think in our case, transfer makes sense.
Now as per my laywer's advice, i'm getting ready to use AC21 with employment letter from my present company. I'll keep you'll posted about the happenings in my case.

reason transferred

self-sponsored NIW case. It seems most of NIW and EB1 cases got transfered right now. Why is that?

RD: 12/18/01
TD: 5/19/03

Toughdba posting is encouraging, seems like boston is speading up, about 5 months back it was 6 months waiting, looks like it is faster now. Also it looks like most of the candidates are getting a general letter for interview no specific documents asked , can you also share your ideas what general documents are asked. I was told passport and I94 and EAD , latest employment, pay stubs is all that is required, it this correct. Please advise, appreciate if candidates who allready went to the interview in boston post there experience on the required documents. thank you

I-485 Interview date

I just heard from my lawyer that our I-485 interviews at Boston office have been scheduled on 7/14/03. My lawyer also mentioned that we are scheduled for our second FP in Boston ASC office between 6/7 and 6/20. According to my lawyer, i should be receiving our interview and FP notices in mail within next couple of days. My lawyer has also asked me to get ready with my Employment letter.

I'll keep you posted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ID: 07/14/03
EB3/MA