Boston Regional DOL Tracker

What is happening in Massachusetts?

My LC was filed on Oct 6, 2003. I have no clue of what is happening to it? My lawyer is also saying she has no clue of what is happening. Is there a way I can find out? Anyone filed around that time got it approved?

LC cleared

All,

I wanted to share some good news, Finally after so much suspense and drama, My LC got cleared.. my employer called and told me Y'day about this. I Thank all in this thread and other threads where I got answers for so many questions I have.
I wish you all good luck & Hope that everyones LC will be cleared soon.Hope to see you all in I 140 thread.

My details:
NON-RIR, Maine ( Feb last week)
Entered into DOL on Aug 19
Recived NOF some time in Dec, not sure the date
My lawyer replied to NOF,
Cleared on Feb 3rd.

Thanks All.

Congratulations GC_Maine

Hey Dude

Congratualtions!!!!!! It looks like DOL is getting back on track. Hope they work the same way.

All the best again!

DOL Masachusetts

longislander said:
My LC was filed on Oct 6, 2003. I have no clue of what is happening to it? My lawyer is also saying she has no clue of what is happening. Is there a way I can find out? Anyone filed around that time got it approved?

It was an RIR filed on Oct 6 2003. So anyone with any idea of what the heck is happening?

Mine got approved a week ago from Boston.

But no happies as it is applied in EB3 and rules got changed in between.
Now , how long we have to wait to file for 485?
One year , two years , 4 years?

change EB3 to EB2

Can you change to EB2?
BTW, could you tell us the date your LC case moved to Boston center? Thanks.

GC_VETA_GADU said:
Mine got approved a week ago from Boston.

But no happies as it is applied in EB3 and rules got changed in between.
Now , how long we have to wait to file for 485?
One year , two years , 4 years?

Applied on 28 th july..

Moved to Boston on 17th August.
On the boston system 26th August.
Got the LC in january...

I don't think i can change to EB2 Now...

I think..It is possible

GC_VETA_GADU said:
Applied on 28 th july..

Moved to Boston on 17th August.
On the boston system 26th August.
Got the LC in january...

I don't think i can change to EB2 Now...

One of my friend told me that, it is possible to convert EB3 to EB2 at 2nd stage but it is all depend on your attorney's work. And also, Its totally depend on whether you qualified for EB2 or not.

Regards,
LB.

One more got approved

One more Labor got approved from my company last week. I dont have the exact dates but here is what I know.

Details:
applied in EB3, RIR from CT.
Moved to Boston in 2nd week of october 2004.
Labor got approved last week.

Note: I dont have the exact dates for this case.

waiting for my turn which moved to boston on Nov5th.

How do you know that your LC was moded to Boston on Nov. 05 ?

I believe, it's not the date on which the LC is moved to DOL, it's the date on which it is entered into the DOL system. Is there a way to find that out? Any number that one can call?

What will hapen to all those LC cases (which are currently at DOL stage) after March 28th? Any updates on that?

Thanks.

GC_May said:
One more Labor got approved from my company last week. I dont have the exact dates but here is what I know.

Details:
applied in EB3, RIR from CT.
Moved to Boston in 2nd week of october 2004.
Labor got approved last week.

Note: I dont have the exact dates for this case.

waiting for my turn which moved to boston on Nov5th.

DeCgC_007 said:
How do you know that your LC was moded to Boston on Nov. 05 ?

I believe, it's not the date on which the LC is moved to DOL, it's the date on which it is entered into the DOL system. Is there a way to find that out? Any number that one can call?

What will hapen to all those LC cases (which are currently at DOL stage) after March 28th? Any updates on that?

Thanks.

Yes u r right, The date ur filemoved to boston is different from the date it got entered into the DOL system, once they recieve the file I heard that it takes 2 to 3 weeks for a case to be entered into DOL system. Not sure if there is a way to find out when ur case is entered into DOL system.
As I understand from the earlier discussions in this forum
1) All the Open Cases (entered into the DOL system) will be processed and completed by March (whatever date it is).
OR
2) The Cases will be moved to BEC.

As per DOL guidelines, the satellite DOLs SFO,Newyork(Boston) will continue till the end of 2006. So, why should we assume that Boston DOL will close in March and send all cases to BEC.
SFO DOL has sent 20,000 cases to BEC. But still it will work till the end of 2006 and clearing cases. Same thing may happen to Boston also unless DOL specifically gives guideliens to close it.
Nirvan

10 approvals from Bosten DOL

Nirvan said:
As per DOL guidelines, the satellite DOLs SFO,Newyork(Boston) will continue till the end of 2006. So, why should we assume that Boston DOL will close in March and send all cases to BEC.
SFO DOL has sent 20,000 cases to BEC. But still it will work till the end of 2006 and clearing cases. Same thing may happen to Boston also unless DOL specifically gives guideliens to close it.
Nirvan

Today, My company recieved 10 labor approvals, which was moved between Oct 10th and Nov 15th from NH. All cases are RIR.

Best Regards,
LB.

Can I file for I-140 & 485 together

I filed for LC in EB3 & RIR and yet wating for BOSTON Federal LC clearence. Like I see here there is some good news coming out from Boston and planning for further steps. I belong to Vermont Service center and current 485 date in is Oct 2003. Once my LC is cleared can I file for I140 and 485 together?

Thanks,
Ck

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I change the Employer after filing for I 140

My case is in BOSTON DOL and expecting the LC clearence any time. I filed in EB2 and RIR. with the new process how long will it take for 485 clearence? Can file for I 140 and 485 simultaneously? I belong to Vermont service center. In the worst case can I change my employewr after filing for I 140?

Thanks,

ckurma said:
My case is in BOSTON DOL and expecting the LC clearence any time. I filed in EB2 and RIR. with the new process how long will it take for 485 clearence? Can file for I 140 and 485 simultaneously? I belong to Vermont service center. In the worst case can I change my employewr after filing for I 140?

Thanks,

You can file Concurrently (I-140 & I-485) if your PD is current. As of March 2005 if your PD is March 2002 or before then you can apply concurrently. If not you have to wait till your PD becomes current to file I-485.

You can change jobs after applying I-140 only if your current employer is still want to continue I-140 & file I-485 when becomes Current. If Current employer withdraws the I-140 you have to start the whole process (starting from LC) again. AC-21 allows you to change only after 180 days of I-485 filing date ( & I-140 approved in most cases)

ckurma,

I have been reading these forums and this is my first post.

You said you are expecting your LC clearence anytime. Could you please share your information like the Priority Date and When it reached Boston DOL. So that we can estimate our turns too.

Coming to your posting at one place you said your case was EB3 RIR and EB2 RIR which one is your case.

If EB2 I think you can file I-140 and 485 concurrently.

ckurma said:

You can file 140&485 cuncurently, since your case filed under RIR-EB2. These days 140 and 485 are processing very fast, bcos most of the people still strugling at labor stage(including me ).

Best Regards,
LB.

Last edited by a moderator: