Boston Regional DOL Tracker

There were a bunch of approvals on Sep 30, 2002, Oct 01, 2002 and Oct 07, 2002. DOL processed cases with entry dates as late as Sep 27, 2002 for my company. I have not seen any other activity beyond Oct 07, 2002. May be others have more info on this. Mine entered DOL on Oct 03, 2002 (PD: Nov 14, 2001: DOL Case : 013252xx: DOT Code 999.151-032). Missed the bus by a week.

Help Needed

MY PD is 10/25/01 filed under EB2-RIR. I called my lawyer and they said that they received an NOF from the Labor Department regarding Salary. They have replied to that NOF. ANy Idea how long will it take to get the LC cleared. Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Sam

Called Boston DOL - interesting response

EB2 - Special Handling (University Professor)
RI SESA Case Number - 02118
PD - 11/20/01
DOL Entered date - 06/20/02
DOT Code: 090-227-010
DOT Case No. - 013217XX

Last week, I called Boston DOL to find out the case status. The lady who answered the call expressed surprise as to why the case is not yet cleared as it is under the category of "special handling". She then enquired with an analyst and mentioned that my labor will definitely be certified in two weeks..

I feel that my lawyer should have called and followed up. Follow up would perhaps quicken the process of labor certification. Many of you in the forum got certified when your case was entered as late as Sept. and also when the category is EB-3.

I am wondering what you experienced folks think.

Bad news, 1/3 of the RIR under 999.151-03* are rejected in our company.

So far 1/3 were rejected, and others havent been processed yet.
All the rejections came out in recent two weeks.
Folks pls put an eye on this category if your case follows in, and
see it's a bad trend appearing or there's still good news.

Re: Bad news, 1/3 of the RIR under 999.151-03* are rejected in our company.

preseeker,

We seems to be in the same boat. Does it say "RIR Denied" or something else in the automated system. If it is "RIR Denied", do you know whether it goes back to SESA or do we have to submit a new regular LC?

thanks

Originally posted by preseeker
So far 1/3 were rejected, and others havent been processed yet.
All the rejections came out in recent two weeks.
Folks pls put an eye on this category if your case follows in, and
see it's a bad trend appearing or there's still good news.

Re: Re: Bad news, 1/3 of the RIR under 999.151-03* are rejected in our company.

Goku,

It said RIR denied when I queried by the phone system.
Mine was not among them, since it hasnt been processed, but
under current situation, think the denial is not far ahead.
I heared that those cases would be kicked back to SEAS, and
company should re-advertise following the regular way,
while it can still keep the original PD. But I am not sure
about this info, need contact lawyer.
Anyway, good luck for people under this category. I will
update when the result on my case comes out.

Originally posted by Goku
preseeker,

We seems to be in the same boat. Does it say "RIR Denied" or something else in the automated system. If it is "RIR Denied", do you know whether it goes back to SESA or do we have to submit a new regular LC?

thanks

Re: Re: Re: Bad news, 1/3 of the RIR under 999.151-03* are rejected in our company.

Originally posted by preseeker
Goku,

It said RIR denied when I queried by the phone system.
Mine was not among them, since it hasnt been processed, but
under current situation, think the denial is not far ahead.
I heared that those cases would be kicked back to SEAS, and
company should re-advertise following the regular way,
while it can still keep the original PD. But I am not sure
about this info, need contact lawyer.
Anyway, good luck for people under this category. I will
update when the result on my case comes out.

:( :confused:
Hey all,

RIR Cateogory
PD: Jun 23 2001
DOT Code : 999.151-3*
DOL Entered date : July 2002

I am a new user to this thread and i have been
waiting for my labor for more than a year now
and no news yet. I called the DOL and came to know
that it entered DOL data base on July.
Does anybody know what dates DOL is processing
these days?
With RIR cases getting DENIED recently
i think there is no hope. God help us now.

To Preseeker

With regards to the 1/3 RIR denials in your company, did you company announce any mass layoffs in the past six months? In my company there were not any lay offs and we had 5 RIR approvals from Sep 30, 2002 till Oct 07, 2002 with dot code of 999.151-031/032. Also can you also tell us about any DOL activity after Oct 07, 2002 about status updates?

Finally made it to DOL

My application entered DOL on 10/15/2002.

PD: 11/28/2001
DOT CODE: 999-151-02?( i am not sure).

Last edited by a moderator:
special handling!!!

Hi greenrk,,

I applied for EB2 RIR on August 22, 2002 as a Research Assistant professor.

You think my case will have special handling? If thats so, how much time frame will it take for my case to get approved?

Where can I find out whether my case was having a special handling or not?

Please comment....

Spoke to DOL

Hi guys

i just called Boston DOL to find out whether my application has been received from NH as NH is current and the lady there said that there are not doing any status checks anymore cause it is taking too much time.

SHe also said that it will take 6 to 8 months to review the application once it is recevied by DOL .But i see some of the ppl here posting that their applications got certified within week or so after received by DOL..

can any body shed some light on this? i want to know whether my application has been received by DOL or not

thanks
hmd

I can’t give the exact dates as I don’t have them nor do I have reference numbers.

However the DOL in New Hampshire turn my (and my colleagues) case around in a week – and that included time to ask some questions.
That was at the end of June.
Send on to Boston in Early July.
Approved End of September.

I didn’t get the details because I thought I’d wait a few months before I would start posting them and comparing my case to others.

I don’t know why my case was deal with so quickly – the only thing I can think of is that because some questions were asked at State Level then the region thought that was sufficient.

My colleague also got approval at the same time.

I offer aplogies to all you people waitng for so long – it seems though I jumped the queue somehow.
Good luck - I’m off to wait for a year or so for the I485 now!!!

(I was RIR btw)

special handling (Jalma)

Special Handling for faculty members essentially means that there is no need for any advertisement (like RIR). The application should state the documentation used for hiring a University professor. Usually, once the case reaches an analyst it is approved instantaneously. Mine went to RI SESA and it took them 6 months to get to my file. It was forwarded to Boston DOL right away. I wish I followed up with the SESA (it would have been done much earlier).

It should be the same with Boston DOL. I hope they get to it as promised by teh lady. I am too new to this discussion. I hope there are more experiences on this matter.

Any approvals ?

Seems like during last week noone has got any approvals ?

Over 10 cases from our company have entered DOL from 10/08 - 10/11.
But none of them get reviewed get...

Strange, 10/01 - 10/07 we have seen a lot of activity.
What's going on... :)

GCG

certified

EB2 - Special Handling (University Professor)
RI SESA Case Number - 02118
PD - 11/20/01
DOL Entered date - 06/20/02
DOL certified date - 10/18/02
DOT Code: 090-227-010
DOT Case No. - 013217XX

Help Needed

MY PD is 10/25/01 filed under EB2-RIR. I called my lawyer and they said that they received an NOF from the Labor Department regarding Salary. They have replied to that NOF. ANy Idea how long will it take to get the LC cleared. Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Sam

Hi samsanjay,

I also recieved NOF regarding salary in boston and took 2 months for the labor to be certified.

My PD was 08/27/01(EB3 RIR) and NOF date was 05/30/02.The attroneys replied on 06/13/02 and my labor was certified on 08/25/2002.

All the best to you,
Thanks-
axs66

Hi guys,

Is there anyone with the PD in November got an approval yet ?
It's very quiet here...

Hey guys,

I wonder if there is any delays updating the DOL's ACU database ?

Has anyone got reply from the DOL in the mail first and
then the status changed in the ACU ?

Thanks,
GCG