Boston Offcie

roneedonee

Registered Users (C)
I was charged with petty theft. I was arrested and fingered printed.

It was misdemeanor degree 1.Max penalty under this statute was One year or less. I was released next day with court fee of $ 240.

Later on I plead for drop charges through criminal attorney. After PTI (Pretrial Intervention Program) my charges were dropped. Now there is no a charge or conviction on me. Now I am applying for expunging / sealing of record.

My question to you:

Now what chances do I have to get through my GC process? I am concerned about the CMIT. Although now there is no charges or conviction on me. My understanding is immigration law does take consideration of even initial charges. In that case I have very less hope to get through this mine stupid mistake.

This happened only after my I 485 filed. My attorney says no need to inform USCIS at this stage. Only will inform when they will ask. He said your case is petty offence exception one time.

My question does this Petty exceptions applied automatically. INS officer need to apply compulsorily or it is on his discretion. How I can ensure this exception applied in my case.??

Recently I received RFE asking for last year. But no question was asked about arrest. Looks to me once this reply goes back they will transfer my case to local office in Boston.

Pl let me know what chances I do have now. Do I need to take care any this stage or just wait for there next action as my attorney says.

Pl let know if any body has any experience in Boston USCIS interview experience for any kind.

Thanks
I 140 : 11,2003
I 1485 : 11,2003
Substitute Labor
I 140 RFE : Jan 2004 replied by April 2004 company tax statment
Finger Print: December 2004
I 485 RFE: Jan 2005 (mine IT return for last year) replied by Feb 2005

Interview in Boston coming up!

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago, I got an interview letter in the mail. My interview is scheduled for the beginning of April in Boston. However, my case is complicated by the fact that I applied under 245(i) before April 2001. Two questions:

1. Could someone advise me as to what I should expect at the interview?

2. Does filing under 245(i) increase my odds of rejection, or does the transparency actually appear favorably?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-kj