Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

FBI check (Background and name)

I have been traveling out of the country and have given c/o address for my N400 application, started wondering what happened to the letter.
as soon as I get it will post here
Thanks a lot for your response, Feel little better now.

Hi Kris/Everyone, when I got my GC 4 yrs back, the application was delayed for 3 years because of name check. My name has not changed since. So do you think the application will be delayed for N400 as well? Anyone you have similar experience. Thanks,
Polly

I had my interview done today (05/26/2010)in Lawrence, everything went smoothly, the officer gave me the oath letter right after the whole process, my oath will be held in Worcester on June 10th, 2010. I am so happy that it is almost over for me.

congratulations victor2010 on a successful interview and a relatively quick oath date.

Anyone else recently received oath letter by mail?

no oath letter yet

Yes.. I did my interview 13th of May in Boston. Still waiting for the oath letter............any updates any one??

cheers

Well, Looks like I've been pretty lucky with my interview and oath, I did my interview on the 26th of may and I will get my oath this week(06/10/2010) in Worcester, I believe there's no rhyme or reason for what goes on with USCIS, some people wait a long time for interviews and oath, especially In Massachusetts, I have no idea why. I just wish everyone here the best of luck and I hope things change in the near future so we don't have so much frustration and anxiety.

My oath experience in Worcester today

Well I am happy to say that my citizenship journey came to a conclusion today when I took my citizenship oath in Worcester. The ceremony was held at the historic Mechanics Hall in downtown Worcester. My wife, a friend and I drove there first thing in the morning in order to make the 10am check in time. Parking was easy as there are plenty of parking lots/garages in the vicinity of the hall.

At the venue, check in was smooth and efficient and all of us oath takers were directed to seating on the main floor of the hall while all supporting guests went up to the balcony visitor gallery. I brought a book to read to pass time. Along the way, a USCIS officer spoke to us about the importance and responsibilities of citizenship and what to expect for the ceremony. We saw a video on the faces of immigration across the decades. A little after 12.30 pm, the presiding Federal court judge arrived and the proceedings began. We all stood and were lead into the oath by another USCIS officer and we were all citizens at that conclusion of that. The judge first congratulated us all then talked to us about US citizenship and it was a rather dignified speech. We watched this God Bless the USA video and also a video message from President Obama. Then afterwards, a couple of guest children lead us in the pledge of allegiance. After this, we were pretty much done but after a bit of delay, we were lead out in the order we entered our seats to get our Naturalization Certificates. It was incredibly efficient and that was a pleasant surprise because I thought there would be more delays and so it was good to get the certificate so quickly. 722 other people became Americans along with me today. My wife and our friend up in the visitor gallery were taking photos and video of the entire proceedings.

By the time I got out with my certificate, it was almost 2pm and the three of us went straight to a nearby Irish bar for lunch and a drink to celebrate. Good times. After lunch, I went straight to the local Social Security Administration office and got my SS record updated to reflect that I was now a US citizen. We then drove back home to Boston. I plan to apply for my American passport and passport card tomorrow morning.

It has been a long road leading to this point and it sure is a relief. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone on this forum who helped me with understanding the naturalization process and being so helpful. I have to especially mention Bobsmyth, Jackolantern and WBH. Keep on rocking, guys!

JP

And thanks to you, JPBoston, for answering questions for so many of us! Congrats on your new status!

Well I am happy to say that my citizenship journey came to a conclusion today when I took my citizenship oath in Worcester. The ceremony was held at the historic Mechanics Hall in downtown Worcester. My wife, a friend and I drove there first thing in the morning in order to make the 10am check in time. Parking was easy as there are plenty of parking lots/garages in the vicinity of the hall.

At the venue, check in was smooth and efficient and all of us oath takers were directed to seating on the main floor of the hall while all supporting guests went up to the balcony visitor gallery. I brought a book to read to pass time. Along the way, a USCIS officer spoke to us about the importance and responsibilities of citizenship and what to expect for the ceremony. We saw a video on the faces of immigration across the decades. A little after 12.30 pm, the presiding Federal court judge arrived and the proceedings began. We all stood and were lead into the oath by another USCIS officer and we were all citizens at that conclusion of that. The judge first congratulated us all then talked to us about US citizenship and it was a rather dignified speech. We watched this God Bless the USA video and also a video message from President Obama. Then afterwards, a couple of guest children lead us in the pledge of allegiance. After this, we were pretty much done but after a bit of delay, we were lead out in the order we entered our seats to get our Naturalization Certificates. It was incredibly efficient and that was a pleasant surprise because I thought there would be more delays and so it was good to get the certificate so quickly. 722 other people became Americans along with me today. My wife and our friend up in the visitor gallery were taking photos and video of the entire proceedings.

By the time I got out with my certificate, it was almost 2pm and the three of us went straight to a nearby Irish bar for lunch and a drink to celebrate. Good times. After lunch, I went straight to the local Social Security Administration office and got my SS record updated to reflect that I was now a US citizen. We then drove back home to Boston. I plan to apply for my American passport and passport card tomorrow morning.

It has been a long road leading to this point and it sure is a relief. I would like to take a moment to thank everyone on this forum who helped me with understanding the naturalization process and being so helpful. I have to especially mention Bobsmyth, Jackolantern and WBH. Keep on rocking, guys!

JP

dm1 and dnachink, I thank you for your wishes and also wish you well in your own naturalization adventures. I plan to be around on this forum every now and then and will answer any questions that I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
my interview was on April 14th and still haven't received oath letter.

update
Received letter for sep 14th date.
I have given c/o address of my friends, so waiting for additional details about place and time from him.

Finally Oath Letter is here

Hi all,

I received my oath letter yesterday. Oath is on Sept 14 at Fenway Park. It's exciting yet 3 months to go...Almost there..

Oh! Congratulations! vijayudas. When I went to interview on June 3rd, they told me that the next ceremony will be in the mid September. I hope I get one. :)

My interview is in Lawrence in July

Hi All, the 100 history questions are hard to memorize (all of them, especially the dates). It seems like they ask everyone 6 questions, do you know if we are allowed to get any incorrect, is there a room for error? Thanks,
Polly

adobeaxcess, you need to get 6 questions answered correctly out of a possible 10 questions that they will ask. Once you get your 6th question correct, they stop with the civics/history part of the interview. If they do end up asking you 10 questions and you do not get 6 correct, you will have failed this part of the interview.

adobeaxcess, you need to get 6 questions answered correctly out of a possible 10 questions that they will ask. Once you get your 6th question correct, they stop with the civics/history part of the interview. If they do end up asking you 10 questions and you do not get 6 correct, you will have failed this part of the interview.

Thanks JPBoston, 6 out of 10 is not bad. I guess I need to memorize these questions. Did you carry extra pictures to your interview? Do they ask for original papers (I was asked to bring them in my interview letter)? Thanks again,
Polly

Thanks JPBoston, 6 out of 10 is not bad. I guess I need to memorize these questions. Did you carry extra pictures to your interview? Do they ask for original papers (I was asked to bring them in my interview letter)? Thanks again,
Polly

Polly, for the questions, just make sure you review those 100 questions well and know the answers for them. It really is not too hard. In this regard, you may want to use the CD that came with the handbook they gave you when you went in for your fingerprinting. It is useful for the prep work.

Thinking again about it, I think I did indeed carry extra photos with me. This would have been the extra photos from the passport photos I had gotten done at CVS.

I did take every single original document I could think of that they could have asked for. I organized these docs into a couple of binders with clear plastic sheets but in the end, did not need any of them because I was asked for my passport and green card only. My view on life is when you are completely organized and prepared, they ask for nothing. When you're not, they ask for everything :) Good luck!

JP

I brought all original docs and extra pictures, but they didn't ask for anything. I brought them just in case only.

By the way, I got lucky, the officer asked me 4 questions.