Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Today I received a purple letter in mail. My oath date is April 16th in Faneuil Hall.

My N-400 time line @ Boston:
Mailed application on: December 30th 2009
Fingerprint done on: Jan 29 2010
Interview date: March 29 2010
Oath Date: April 16 2010

Interview Questions

Hi,

These might be dumb questions but I thought I will ask anyway, since I am nervous:
1) During the civic test, do they give you a choice of answers, like multiple choice or not?
2) Do IO take you to another place, or room or cubile to take civic test?
3) How hard it is to find the room e-160?

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

These might be dumb questions but I thought I will ask anyway, since I am nervous:
1) During the civic test, do they give you a choice of answers, like multiple choice or not?
2) Do IO take you to another place, or room or cubile to take civic test?
3) How hard it is to find the room e-160?

thanks,

1. No multiple choice. You need to provide the answer to the question directly but if you study the 100 questions in the Naturalization guide, you will be all set.
2. Civic test is done in one of two cubicles at the far end of room E-160 which is where you go with your interview notice to check in at counter 1 on arrival. Your main interview is also on the ground floor but in another part of the building altogether ... you have to go to E-170 for that.
3. It's very easy to get to E-160. Ask the security guard at the security check.

Hi JPBoston,
During the interview, do we have to just say one option for the answer or all of the options? Like in 12. What is the rule of the Law? Options are: * Everyone must follow the law * Leaders must obey the law * Government must obey the law * No one is above the law. So amongst these 4 options, do we have to just say one or all the above? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Hi JPBoston,
During the interview, do we have to just say one option for the answer or all of the options? Like in 12. What is the rule of the Law? Options are: * Everyone must follow the law * Leaders must obey the law * Government must obey the law * No one is above the law. So amongst these 4 options, do we have to just say one or all the above? Your response will be highly appreciated.

vijayudas, you only need to provide one answer. There can be different ways to answer the same question and as long as you answer one way correctly, you're good.

Hi
I went for my interview on Feb 01 2010, in Boston. My file was moved from California to Boston as i Moved for my New Job. The officer said that he will recomend my application for approval. But he said my finger prints will expire by May 2010 when the oath is scheduled in Boston. So he scheduled me for re finger printing for 16 Feb 2010. I did go for that. The officer at my interview told me that i need not come back, after they get the new finger prints ,i will get my oath letter in mail. He told me that it would take about 6 weeks for the process. It is 8 weeks now and i did not get any letter. I am kind of worried? what do i do? Pls advise me.

I received my interview letter today. Interview is scheduled for 5/12 in Boston.

From the posts above, it looks like the wait times for the oath date are coming down significantly in Boston. Great.

I got my interview letter last week and Interview is scheduled for by the end of April.

I got my Prermanent Resident card in 2003 based on marriage to USC and was divorced in 2006. I am applying based on 5 Years of Permanent Resident. Did Anybody has this kind of situation and had gone for the interview. If anyone has will you please share your experience. Does the Interviewing officer asks many questions about the divorce? Will that affect my application for N-400 although i am applying based on 5 yrs of Residency. Anybody's interview experience or some inputs w.r.t. how to deal with it, will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi

I got my interview letter last week and Interview is scheduled for by the end of April.

I got my Prermanent Resident card in 2003 based on marriage to USC and was divorced in 2006. I am applying based on 5 Years of Permanent Resident. Did Anybody has this kind of situation and had gone for the interview. If anyone has will you please share your experience. Does the Interviewing officer asks many questions about the divorce? Will that affect my application for N-400 although i am applying based on 5 yrs of Residency. Anybody's interview experience or some inputs w.r.t. how to deal with it, will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Just go to the interview. Yes he will ask you about the first wife. Make sure you have your diverce discreese. I had the same situation. they are going to match the signature of your wife, from the diverse discreese to the initial application which you filed in 2003. My situation was little bit different. I got my divorce 1 yrs after marriage. I got my conditional status removed based on true marriage faith. At that time of my conditional status beeing removed i had to prove to them that my marriage was on true intentions, Which i did. Since u got divorce after your conditional status was removed, Make sure you have all the supporting documents, like Tax forms, Bank statements, Insurance papers, Lease documents form 2003 to 2006, .Take all af the documents with you for the interview. the officer will try to scare you by telling you that he is going to contact your X wife. Dont get pannicked. He wont. U dont give any information about your X. If the officer asks you if you kn ow any thing about her information now like her address, phone no- just tell, I dont have any contact with her. Thats all.
All of these are just suggestions, The officer might not even ask you any thing. For me he told me that he will contact my X. I told him go a head. He told me to send diverse discreese. So on the day of the interview, he gave me a letter ststing that decission can not be made . so i mailed him the divorce discreese. And every thing was ok. Good luck

Hi Bigbull99,

thank you so much for sharing your interview experience. I will definitely keep your advice in my mind. After you sent the decree, did you receive your oath letter already?

Also if anybody else has similar situation, please share and we all how much we get worried about these immigration proceedings even though we don't want to.

Once again, thank you so much.

Yesterday I received an email saying "(transferred to local office)" - still waiting for the interview letter.

Anybody here who recently got the interview letter from Lawrence DO?. Trying to get some idea on when to expect the interview.

Lawrence DO
N-400 sent: 2/22/2010
Priority Date: 2/23/2010
797C-NOA Received: 2/26/2010
FP Notice received: 3/7/2010
FP Appointment: 3/22/2010
FP done: 3/22/2010
TXT/email received (transferred to local office): 4/9/2010
IL received:
Interview scheduled:

Had anybody went for interview recently, please share your experience. Also does anybody know when is the next oath date after April 16th?

Folks,

Please help if you can.. my wife has her interview in Boston Office on April 21, 2010... unfortunately we applied for her Schengen visa with the original Green Card and Passport .. there is no way I can get the green card and passport back before her interview date.. question is:

1. do you think that she can attend the interview with a copy of the Green Card and passport? I know it says on the notice that she has to bring the original GC and passport .. just wondering if anyone has an experience

2. If #1 is not possible, does it make sense to re-schedule the interview? If so, what is the process? I can see that there is a USCIS # on the Notice.. but it also says that I need to contact the local office... looking for some responses based on experience..

would really appreciate help..

Thanks
S

What is going wrong in here?! No one has any thing to say or info to share?! Any more interviews in Boston or Lawrence? Any new Oath dates for May?

Interview was done today in the morning in Lawrence office. The officer (male) was very pleasant. I was asked all questions in the application and the following were the civics questions:

1. When was the Constitution written.
2. When the Independence was decleared?
3. What is the freedom of religion?
4. What states border Canada?
5. How many senators are there?
6. How many house representatives are?

It took 20 minutes in and out. Since my 3 year residency requirement will be satisfied by next week, I was told that the officer will recommend my approval next week and by May 10th I will receive the oath day letter. The only oath day in Massachusetts will be August 12, 2010. This is because they want to get a large amount of people to the oath date. This kinda sucks. I get to wait 3.5 months to get the oath so about 4 months to get the passport and travel. Nothing anyone can do!!!:(

Thank you every body for the great assistance. I hope they will bring the oath date closer so please update your signature guys.

Peace Out :cool:

Congratulations Durres Special on the interview. August does seem quite a long wait for oath. As you said, nothing can be done about it. Anyway, congrats.

It took 20 minutes in and out. Since my 3 year residency requirement will be satisfied by next week, I was told that the officer will recommend my approval next week and by May 10th I will receive the oath day letter. The only oath day in Massachusetts will be August 12, 2010. This is because they want to get a large amount of people to the oath date. This kinda sucks. I get to wait 3.5 months to get the oath so about 4 months to get the passport and travel. Nothing anyone can do!!!:(

Congrats on your success and I understand the frustration of having to wait so long to get to the oath. I cleared my interview way back in February and have a 3.5 month wait for my oath date in June. Meanwhile, I see others in MA who applied much after me, getting their oaths done in the last couple of months. MA sucks in this regard because of the inconsistency of dates. Anyway, I did want to point out that you can travel on your current passport and GC until your oath date if you needed to. My IO told me this at my interview.