Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Done with Interview

Got done with my interview successfully this morning. My interview was at 9 am at JFK, Boston.. was out by 10.15am. Airport style security check at entrance … just so you know they do allow others to accompany you .. I saw family members with applicants ..went to window 1 in Room E160 ..gave the appt letter and was told to wait.. officer came shortly .. took me to a cube on the side and asked the following questions:

1.Who is the governor of MA?
2.First president of US?
3.Where is Statue of Liberty?
4.Name two national holidays?

Cannot remember others ..

Was asked to read and write a sentence and then told to go and wait in Room E 170 .. was called by another officer after 20-25mins .. officer went over all the questions in the Application Form .. since I had travelled after I had applied for citizenship .. I gave him an updated Pg 4 with new travel dates .. he replaced the page in my file.. I was done in about 15 mins .. he put an approval stamp on pg1 and asked me to wait outside to sign the photo and wait for the Oath letter. Waited for quite some time until name called .. My oath is on April 1st in Faneuil Hall in Boston. All done.. the whole process I think is just a formality to grant you the citizenship.. nothing difficult about it .. .. Good luck to others!

Sorry to hear your interview got postponed. Each DO seems to be operating with their own rules. So many posts here of folks having their interview prior to their 3 or 5 year dates then getting a "Cannot make a descision now" letter. Hopefully you'll get rescheduled really quickly. Good luck.

Thanks DoneInMarch

I hope so to get an earlier Interview date

I have exactly same application type & timeline as sanjay76. But my interview was in the afternoon at JFK, not in the morning. I lucked out, and got oath day for Jan 26 in Faneuil Hall. Don't know how/why, but some other (afternoon) folks got the same oath date. Best luck to all!

Received interview letter today for interview on 2/22/2010 at 1.30pm in the JFK Building, Boston. So it took around 3 months from application to get to the interview.

Do: Boston

12/22/09 - Mailed to Lewisville, TX
12/24/09 - Pkg delivered / Receipt Date
01/07/10 - Notice Date
01/08/10 - Check Cashed/Priority Date
01/14/10 - NOA rcvd
01/19/10 - RFE rcvd (fingerprint date 2/01/10)

Do they accept walk-ins @ Boston??

Hi,
I just had my interview and to my surprise my oath is next week. I observed all the people interviewing today have Jan 26th as oath day. Good luck to all.

DO: Boston

10/12/2009: N400 Mailed
10/25/2009: FP Notice Recvd Date
11/05/2009: FP Done in Boston (same as scheduled)
12/17/2009: LUD Change: Send to SD Interview
12/22/2009: IL Recvd
01/20/2010: ID(boston)
01/26/2010: Oath(Faneuil Hall)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there

For anyone who got their driving record from the Mass RMV website, which one did you order? The unattested version or the true and attested version? Not sure if it really mattered but would like to hear from others who did this already.

Also how long does it take for the true and attested version to reach you after you order it?

Thanks!

Hi there

For anyone who got their driving record from the Mass RMV website, which one did you order? The unattested version or the true and attested version? Not sure if it really mattered but would like to hear from others who did this already.

Also how long does it take for the true and attested version to reach you after you order it?

Thanks!

IIRC I got the unattested version immediately online, but the attested version took about 4 business days I think.

I got attested version since I did not want to take any chances with the interview. I got it in the mail well within a week. If I had not gotten the mail in time, I would have gotten unattested version since it's available online.

I was not asked for it in the interview.

I think I saw somewhere on this forum that a guy did not get approved with unattested record. I requested unattested when was sending the application and requested attested one after for the interview, recieved in a couple of days.

Oct 24th, 2009 - N-400 application sent to Lewisville, TX
Nov 6th, 2009 - Priority date
Dec 2, 2009 - FP done in an hour and 15 mins
Jan 4th, 2010 - re-FP done in 20 mins
Jan 7th, 2010 - Online status changed to "Send to local DO for standard interview" for self
Jan 11th, 2010 - Received Interview letter
Feb 16th, 2010 - Interview date, Boston, JFK

Thanks for that feedback. I have a month before my interview and it clearly makes more sense to get the attested version based on everything you guys had to say.

BTW ... what period exactly does this record cover? Is it your entire driving record from the moment you got a MA driving license or is it for a certain number of recent years (say, the last five years). I also have had a motorcycle license for while (but which I got some time after my driver's license) ... does this also get covered in this record?

Thanks for that feedback. I have a month before my interview and it clearly makes more sense to get the attested version based on everything you guys had to say.

BTW ... what period exactly does this record cover? Is it your entire driving record from the moment you got a MA driving license or is it for a certain number of recent years (say, the last five years). I also have had a motorcycle license for while (but which I got some time after my driver's license) ... does this also get covered in this record?

I think mine covered the previous 10 years.

Interview/Approval

Hi All,

My citizenship application was approved on 1/20 in Boston (JFK). The whole interview process was pretty smooth. Reached there at around 8.40 am (for a 9 am interview) and was out in about 1.5 hours. Initially, you will meet with an IO for your civic/reading/writing test - this was done in 5 mins. You then wait to be called by another IO who would go over your application, responsibilities as a citizen, etc - this again took about 10-15 mins and the IO stamped the application as approved. You are then asked to wait to sign your photos and collect the oath letter. My oath date is on 1/26.

Good luck to everyone waiting for the interview.

Thanks.

FYI on USCIS Mailing Address

I sent my wife's N400 Application and noticed (per below) that the Packet was forwarded to a USCIS office in Dallas from Lewisville (which is the address on the N400 instructions). I think USCIS maybe in the process of changing their Mailing address.

Service Type: Express Mail PO-Add

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered DALLAS TX 75266 01/21/10 7:12am

Forwarded LEWISVILLE TX 75067 01/20/10 10:05am

Arrival at Unit LEWISVILLE TX 75067 01/20/10 9:47am

Processed through Sort COPPELL TX 75099 01/20/10 7:07am
Facility

Acceptance BOSTON MA 02109 01/19/10 9:27am

I sent my wife's N400 Application and noticed (per below) that the Packet was forwarded to a USCIS office in Dallas from Lewisville (which is the address on the N400 instructions). I think USCIS maybe in the process of changing their Mailing address.

Lewisville is almost an outer suburb of Dallas and what you saw is nothing new. Everything sent to Lewisville is forwarded on to Dallas.

Hello here is my timeline
N-400 Application sent(Priority date)- 09/23/09
FP Appointment rec'd -09/30/09
FP done-10/20/09
Interview Date- 12/09/09,re-scheduled as 5 years of green card not up
Re-scheduled to 01/19/10,passed
Oath letter recd- 01/21/10
Oath Date- 04/19/10
Not sure why the whole process took so long, and I have to wait 3 months for the oath, that is a quite long.