Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

vgoud, Did you have any problems?

Also, from my signature you can see that only my husband got the interview letter a week back. So we made an Infopass appt for myself for today. My appt was for 12:15 and I reached there around 12:10. Waited for 5-10 mins and was called in. I explained that both my spouse and I applied on the same day and went in for the FP appt at the same day. But he got his interview letter and I didn't and just wanted to make sure that it was not lost in mail or something. The officer, who was very pleasant btw, looked into my account and said that it was interesting that there were two files for my A#, one regular file and a temp file. It is not that uncommon and the good thing is that both files had the same A#, so it should not be an issue. She also checked to see that my FP was cleared and she thought that the reason I did not get IL yet was because I just cleared my security check (name check?) So hopefully my file will be sent over to them soon and my interview will be scheduled.

It is a pain that my interview will probably be scheduled on a day diff than that of my husband, but as long as the case progresses, it is a pain that I can bear.

T station with the best parking

Dear Bostonians, I have an urgent question as my interview is coming up. As we will be driving into Boston from out of town, we need to find space to park our car. Which T station on the Green Line or Blue Line is likely to have available parking space in the morning? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

parking near Govn Center

If you are not sure about the stations, any suggestions about parking in the vicinity of the Boston office would also be appreciated. where can we park, which parking garage is best, etc?

Parking...

There is parking garage right opposite to the JFK building on New Sudbury Street. I'm not sure how much it costs or anything, but it is the closest.

thank you. any other suggestions?

Which direction are you coming from?

West - Alewife (Red Line) has $7.00/day parking. You can switch to Green Line at Park St.
North - Lechmere (Green Line). You can park at Cambridgeside Galleria for $8.99 up to 5 hours. More than 5 hours, it's $20, but it shouldn't take longer than 5 hours, right?

I don't know much about stations from the south or Green Line stations from west.

Hope this helps.

Isn't one car garage enough for you :D, how many cars you need to park :p

just kidding.

Sorry MasterArcht, if I offended you, just wanted to have some giggles after long weekend.

No offense taken. But as you may imagine, parking garages downtown is not everyone's first choice:)

thanks a whole bunch

Which direction are you coming from?

West - Alewife (Red Line) has $7.00/day parking. You can switch to Green Line at Park St.
North - Lechmere (Green Line). You can park at Cambridgeside Galleria for $8.99 up to 5 hours. More than 5 hours, it's $20, but it shouldn't take longer than 5 hours, right?

I don't know much about stations from the south or Green Line stations from west.

Hope this helps.

Dear Mclaren, I'm coming from Western Mass, so definitely from the west. Your suggestions are certainly helpful, thank you very much. And you are positive I would be able to find parking at either of these locations around 10 or 11 am?

Would you consider parking in one of the commuter rail stations? It is only $4.00, then fare for the train itself. You can walk to JFK building very easily from North Station and in about 15 mins from South station.

Name Change in Boston

Has anyone applied for Name change thru Boston DO? Were you able to take oath on the same day as other folks or did you need a special ceremony?

I didn not apply for name change when applying N-400 because I did not want oath ceremony to be delayed because of it. Would I be able to request a name change with the IO during the interview? Would it delay my oath?

documents for interview

Dear all, my interview is coming up, so just to be on the safe side, I wanted to ask about other people's experiences with interviews at the Boston office. Were you ever asked for additional documents during the interview? Were any of these unexpected, in terms of tax transcripts, utility bills, leases, paystubs, social security statements? Also, does one have to take his/her own birth certificate to the interview? thank you.

Dear Mclaren, I'm coming from Western Mass, so definitely from the west. Your suggestions are certainly helpful, thank you very much. And you are positive I would be able to find parking at either of these locations around 10 or 11 am?

I can't be 100% sure, but you should be fine. Alewife has 2700+ parking spots. Cambridgeside Galleria has less, but should still be OK.

Dear all, my interview is coming up, so just to be on the safe side, I wanted to ask about other people's experiences with interviews at the Boston office. Were you ever asked for additional documents during the interview? Were any of these unexpected, in terms of tax transcripts, utility bills, leases, paystubs, social security statements? Also, does one have to take his/her own birth certificate to the interview? thank you.

I had all the docs such as tax transcripts, utility bill, birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of employment details, social security card, Green card except my citation payment receipt.

Office reviewed in detail each and every page of N-400 and since I have said yes to policy citation and they asked for proof for payment of citation and I did not had that handy due to that I was asked to provide within 30 days.

Within a week I went back with receipt but rejected because it was not certified. I went again today and submitted the certified citation details. I hope to hear sooooooooooooooooooon.

BTW the officer mentioned oath ceremony is held once a month in worcester and boston. The next oath is on june 18/19.

Good luck

I can't be 100% sure, but you should be fine. Alewife has 2700+ parking spots. Cambridgeside Galleria has less, but should still be OK.

Parking I will just park in Government Garage. I know it is expensive but in my opinion it is worth it as the JFK building is just opposite to the garage.

oath ceremony

I had all the docs such as tax transcripts, utility bill, birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of employment details, social security card, Green card except my citation payment receipt.

Office reviewed in detail each and every page of N-400 and since I have said yes to policy citation and they asked for proof for payment of citation and I did not had that handy due to that I was asked to provide within 30 days.

Within a week I went back with receipt but rejected because it was not certified. I went again today and submitted the certified citation details. I hope to hear sooooooooooooooooooon.

BTW the officer mentioned oath ceremony is held once a month in worcester and boston. The next oath is on june 18/19.

Good luck

Thank you for the details. So you're saying they did not ask to see any documents from you except those pertaining to the citation?

I thought the oath ceremonies were more frequent than just once a month in Boston..I guess the officer was referring to your case and when you may expect to go to the oath?

Parking: Just park in the Government Center garage. Yes, you'll be out 30 bucks, but you will spare yourself aggravation. Also, given the thousands you've already spent getting to this point, another 30 is a drop in the ocean :)

When you go, make sure to have some proof of all your tickets. I was sent back to get proof of a traffic ticket I had contested and won. I had to go back all the way to the court and get them to give me a document with sign and seal. It all ended well but I had to endure yet another trip to the JFK building with all the aggravation of driving in to Boston. Not to speak of paying 30 bucks yet again.

birth certificate?

Good luck

Is bringing one's own birth certificate to the interview necessary? I did not see on the N-652 list.