Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

anyone else who applied in March?

I applied at the beginning of March and am waiting for my IL. Anybody else in the same boat? How long does the whole process take these days?

I also applied N-400 in the first week of March, 2009 and waiting for the FP date. The date on the USCIS site shows July 29th, 2008 as the Processing time frame. Not sure if this implies hat I have to wait for another 8 months before my application is picked up for review.

Do anyone know if USCIS office in Boston allow walk-ins for finger prints? We would like to walk in this Saturday but wanted to see if its even worth to give it a try.

N-400

I received the interview letter for 5/12/2009. I was laid of 2 weeks before GC approval. I am anxious to know the experience in Boston field office.

Thanks

RD 2/10/2009
FP 3/17/2009
IL 5/12/2009

FP to interview letter

2 days after my FP officer said they are in the process of scheduling interview. 5 days after the FP interview letter was posted. I received exacted 2 weeks after the FP.

how to learn whether you're in queue for interview?

How do you learn whether your interview was in the process of being scheduled? What number do you call and who do you talk to? I didn't know that was an option for us.

N400 enquiries

Call the USCIS on 1.800.375.5283.I think option 1 for form and selection option 2 to help with the form. Then till the officer you need status of your application. The first level officer don't have access to the N400 cases. Request them to transfer to next level. You will be able to get the precise status from the next level of officer.

That really worked. Thanks a lot. And I already got my interview date. Boston is doing very well indeed these days.

My interview date is at the beginning of June. Do you guys think I can complete the Oath by early July?

Also, for those who know the Boston office area, is there convenient parking somewhere nearby?

Boston Early FP...

Prem1999,

I walked into Boston office today to give early FP. My reason was that would be out of town on the day (not true), but was told that unless I had a valid ticket to show them, they would not let me do it. :(

where is the Boston field office located?

The Boston office that holds naturalization interviews: The letter says it's at JFK federal building, which Google says is on New Sudbury Street. Is this correct? can you park across the building somewhere?

Parking

There is street parking, if you are lucky and have a vehicle that can be parallel parked without much trouble. There's also paid parking at the government center garage for $30 or so.

Received FP letter in the mail. Mine is on a Saturday morning.

Application received 03/27
Priority date 03/27
Notice date 04/01
Finger print letter received 04/10
Finger print date 05/02

The Boston office that holds naturalization interviews: The letter says it's at JFK federal building, which Google says is on New Sudbury Street. Is this correct? can you park across the building somewhere?

Parking in that area is extremely difficult. You should allow plenty of time for this endeavour. From my green card days (5-6) years ago) I remember there is actually a parking garage close by. It is expensive but saves you some time. Parking on the street is almost impossible. We parked on the street this time. But the parking meter runs for only 2 hours and you have to feed the meter, if you don't have an extra person to do this you should not park on the street.

I just applied and my DO is Boston. Do they do same day oath letter or even oath ceremony in Boston ?(on the interview date, that is, once you're approved). Any input would be appreciated.

They do not do same day oath. They will call you few weeks later. and these are held at various palces, so you do not know where you will end up.

which street?

Parking in that area is extremely difficult. You should allow plenty of time for this endeavour. From my green card days (5-6) years ago) I remember there is actually a parking garage close by. It is expensive but saves you some time. Parking on the street is almost impossible. We parked on the street this time. But the parking meter runs for only 2 hours and you have to feed the meter, if you don't have an extra person to do this you should not park on the street.

Which street is the office located at? Is it the New Sudbury street? Thank you.

It is in the JFK Building in Gov't Center. Wear business casual to the interview, and you should be fine. Many people showed up wearing jeans, and some rather skimpy clothing for some but I would respect the occasion and wear something presentable, though not necessarily formal.

Get off I-93 on the Gov't center exit. You can also take the train. One strategy might be to park in a train station such as Rte 128 and take the train in. Especially if you're not used to the kind and gentle drivers of Boston.

As far as cost of parking is concerned, you've already shelled out big bucks for your immigration adventure, starting from F1/H1. Just bite the bullet and pay the additional 30 bucks to save yourself aggravation :). Its probably less than 1% of your total cost of immigration in getting to this point.