Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Went to do my fingerprints. I was out in no time (~10 mins). The office was not crowded at all

Fellas - Here are some updates.

Case status changed yday to

"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Got the interview letter today!

Sent N-400 12/12/08 to Boston
PD 12/15/08
NOA 12/24/08 from National Benefit Center
FP notice 12/29/08
FP Date 1/08/09
Duplicate NOA: 2/2/09
IL: 2/7/09
ID: 4/1/09
OL: xx/xx/xx
OD: xx/xx/xx
PP: xx/xx/xx
PP: xx/xx/xx

Got my passport !
I am signing off, All the best to All !
Do not loose hope !

inkom_al

PD: 05/2007
FP: 06/2007
FP2: 10/2008
IL: 10/2008
Interview: 11/2008
Oath: 01/2009
Passport: 02/2009

Machester NH Interview complete

We just completed our interview in Manchester this morning. All went well. My wife was scheduled to interview at 9.50am and I was on was 11.05am. The immigration officer was well organized and very cordial. I was called in a little late at 11.15 here are the steps the transpired:

1. I was asked to take a oath to tell the truth
2. Application was reviewed, went through almost all questions
3. Asked to read and write a sentence in English
4. Was asked 5 questions
Rights in first amendment, who steps in when President is not available,
head of executive branch, Amendment to voting rights & threat during cold war
5. He signed a form and informed me that I had passed the interview and
recommends me for Citizenship
6. Was asked to wait while superior checks his recommendation
7. Superior came out in 5 mins and said all was well with my application and
that I should wait for my Oath letter.
8. That's it all done in 15-20 mins

Thanks to all here for their assistance,

My timeline

to all bostonians, this DO is moving faster now. Here it is my timeline. Good luck to you all!

Finally...

I am now a US Citizen! As a parting gift, the CIS made us sit in our chairs for 4 hours before the judge showed up. The passport acceptance agent gave me the final sendoff with a 45 minute wait while she disappeared from the window, but boy was I determined to get it over with today!

For those curious: My application was 10/4, FP 11/16, Interview 1/22, Oath 3/4 2009 at Hynes Convention Ctr. in Boston MA.

When they recommend you eat a healthy breakfast before showing up, they aren't kidding. You will be there for a while. For those looking to celebrate in a small way, there's a Gourmet India in the Prudential Mall where you can have lunch if you get out within a sane hour. Have your passport application ready and file it the same day at the USPS in the Prudential Mall. Head there first so you are ahead in line.

Over the years with the green card and now with the citizenship, I have come to this board for information. My thanks to the many contributors. A special thanks to our mutual friend, Rajiv. While he hasn't made a dime from me, he has benefited me a lot from both his responses, and providing this website. I hope to restore the balance in future by recommending his firm to other aspirants.

To all: good luck, and may your immigration goals be achieved soon.

Finally became a US citizen today :D:D:D.... There were about 79 candidates who took oath at Manchester, NH and it took about 2 Hours to complete the ceremony. Thank you and Wish you all good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
N400 based on 5 years as PR
DO: VSC, Boston
11/26/08 : N-400 Mailed to VSC
12/08/08 : NOA received (I797C) - Received application and processed at NBC
12/15/08: NOA received (I797C) - Received FP notice
12/23/08: FP Completed
01/16/09: IL Received
02/04/09: IL Scheduled - Done (Manchester, NH)
02/19/09: Oath received
03/05/09: Oath Done (Manchester, NH)

same day oath letter or oath in Boston?

I just applied and my DO is Boston. Do they do same day oath letter or even oath ceremony in Boston ?(on the interview date, that is, once you're approved). Any input would be appreciated.

MasterA,

Sameday oath in Boston is unheard of ...you may get a oath letter on the day of your interview depending on your case details.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. So you're saying you're lucky if you get the oath letter on the day of your interview in Boston, huh? I hope it doesn't take too long.

My case status is changed to validation error today. Does that mean I am going to get my interview letter soon?

Please help!

You will not get same day oath in Boston. They have these large ceremonies conducted every so often, and you will be slotted into the next available one. With some luck, you will get the oath letter on the day of the interview. Mine was held up due to a document they needed, but they were quite prompt about it (much to my suprise).

thank you magnahoy for the info. that is also what I heard. it seems like in theBoston office, interviews happen around 3 months after your application date, is that correct?

Glad for you! I took my oath on 01/08/09 and recived my passport on 01/20.
It is over!

Proud to be an American !
10 years saga is over.

inkom_al

PD: 05/2007
FP: 06/2007
FP2: 10/2008
IL: 10/2008
Interview: 11/2008
Oath: 01/2009

interview place for Western Mass

did anyone from MA here get interviewed in another office besides Boston or Manchester, NH? I wonder where they interview people in Western Mass. Thanks.

Not sure how frequently they schedule oath ceremonies... given that they are moving heaven and earth to speed up naturalization processing, it should be relatively quick.

For those with oaths in spring/summer, one parting shot, this time from the Dept. of State... you may end up waiting a couple months or more for your passport. My application is now projecting six weeks. Because they are making passport/card compulsory for land travel, there's expected to be a big rush in the coming months.

magna hoy, you're kidding right? if that's true, then we'll have to wait for months to travel once we get our citizenship this spring? did you apply for expedited service?