Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Manchester NH Citizenship Interview.

Hi All
I just had my interview in Manchester NH.
I live in Methuen Ma, but was sent to Manchester for the interview.

It was the most pleasant experience at an INS / USCIS office in my 16 years here in the US.

My appointment was at 9. I was expecting long lines because that is what I remember from 5 years ago. I got there at 820am expecting a long line, but there was no line. Just few people sitting in the waiting room.
I assumed Cell phones will not be allowed, but that was not the case. People had brought their laptops and were working from the waiting area.
People were using their cell phones. Having coffee.
It was quite Chill Mahool inside.
Even the security guard was pleasant and nice to deal with.

I sat there for 30 minutes, wishing I had not left my blackberry in the car.
Exactly at 903am I was called in by this amazing looking officer.
She was Assistant Adjudicating Officer, but seemed like she came out of a magazine.

She asked about 7 or 8 questions from the usual 100 questions.
Asked me to read "This is blue something"
Asked me to write "I bought a blue car"

Then she just went over the application.
Did not ask for anything else.
I had taken about 4 inches thick pile of documents.
She did not ask for anything.
She did not even ask for new pictures.

Few signatures here and there. That is it.

15 minutes later I was out.
920 I was in the car heading back to work.

Oath Date is 11/3 in Atkinson NH.

Have a good one folks.

Jinnah M
============
N400 Applied 1/15/8
FP date 3/15/8
Interview letter received 10/1/8 for Manchester NH
Interview date 10/16/8
Oath date 11/3/8

Seems like Infopass is the only option. The reps on the phone now give standard reply and say that its within 7months period, before that they would say its within 90 days period, etc. So According to them delay is normal and they do not forward to any second level officer.

Got my Wife's Oath letter today Nov 24th. Only last issue is that teh last digit on the hand written AR # is 8 instead of 3. Has this happen anyone of you.

All,
Finally it's over, interview went very very smooth. Mine was based on 3 years..since my wife is a USC. I was surprised that none of the docs were asked from me except my passport & GC.

Test was done first by a very polite officer, he introduced himself and picked up the sheet of questions.
1) How many stars are there on our flag?
2) Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
3) What are the three branches of our government?
4) Who elects Congress?
5) What are the duties of the Supreme Court?
6) How many voting members are in the House of Representatives?

Application mailed - 7/13/2007
Application received - 7/19/2007
Priority date - 7/19/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 9/4/2007
Interview date - 10/2/08
Citizenship Oath - 11/12/08

Tough most of the folks in this board got through their interview much faster, but all in all it was a very good experience.

Best of luck to everybody else.
Friends, my oath was scheduled for Nov 12th, got a letter from USCIS stating "due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel previously scheduled oath ceremony. We regret any inconvenience"".

No update on reschedule or reason for cancellation.

Does any one know of this happening to them or the reason for cancellation ??

Friends, my oath was scheduled for Nov 12th, got a letter from USCIS stating "due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel previously scheduled oath ceremony. We regret any inconvenience"".

No update on reschedule or reason for cancellation.

Does any one know of this happening to them or the reason for cancellation ??

SAME HERE I got the same notice today in mail.

I too got the same notice .that was posted on 28th, this one was a proper Notice Form 797 unlike the OAth letter that was handwriten.

I think this might have to do something with that date. Hope we get to hear from others who are scheduled on the same day.

November 12 Oath Ceremony Descheduled

SAME HERE I got the same notice today in mail.

I too got the same notice .that was posted on 28th, this one was a proper Notice Form 797 unlike the OAth letter that was handwriten.

I think this might have to do something with that date. Hope we get to hear from others who are scheduled on the same day.

Thanks you guys for posting this info. I have had a very similar experience to some of these posts... interview 9/29, given an oath date of 11/12, received a letter asking me to go back to resign photos in front of an officer (apparently I had not signed legibly enough before), then yesterday received the same letter that the ceremony has been 'descheduled'. Although I'm sad that more people are going through this as well, I'm also glad to hear it's not just me! I hope we get more info soon.

Oat

I was also scheduled for 11/12 but no letter yet.

Do we assume then that the new date is Nov 24th as kd6809 has pointed out and President-elect Obama will be the guest?

Thank you for your posts. Same here:
* My Oath Ceremony was scheduled for November 12 at Boston's Hynes Convention Center.
* Yesterday, I received an 'Oath Ceremony Descheduled by USCIS' notice stating 'we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 ... for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.'

This forum has been a source of comfort, now and in the past! Thanks you.

I was also scheduled for 11/12 but no letter yet.

Do we assume then that the new date is Nov 24th as kd6809 has pointed out and President-elect Obama will be the guest?

Not suggesting that this applies to everybody and create a panic.
However there are already 4 of us on this forum who were scheduled on 11/12 and have got the form 797 notice from VSC .
delhiboston, kd6809(myself), boston44, anoush

Regarding a possible alternate day there seems to be one ceremony on 11/14
bg8 on this forum had interview on 10/23/08 and was scheduled for 11/14
http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49407

Any idea how frequently the ceremonies are conducted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not suggesting that this applies to everybody and create a panic.
However there are already 4 of us on this forum who were scheduled on 11/12 and have got the form 797 notice from VSC .
delhiboston, kd6809(myself), boston44, anoush

Regarding a possible alternate day there seems to be one ceremony on 11/14
bg8 on this forum had interview on 10/23/08 and was scheduled for 11/14
http://immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49407

Any idea how frequently the ceremonies are conducted.

Just got an oath notice - scheduled for January 8, 2009 at Faneuil Hall

wombat, please update with your timeline, was your oath ceremony date previously 11/12, or this 1/8/09 the original date ??

As currently we are discussing regarding de-schedule & re-scheduling of oaths...

And thanks guys to all in updating and keeping this forum current....

There is an Update. I got a call from USCIS Boston office at 5:10PM EST informing that there was some messup and they had sent a letter stating that I was scheduled on 13th (which I did not receive) and she wanted to let me know that my 12th Nov Hynes Convention Center Appointment still holds good. And I need to show up on the 12th Nov and get the orginal Colored Oath letter.

The only confusing part is that I got a letter from VSC canceling the 12th Nov Appointment, so I am not sure what up with that part. When I mentioned that to the caller she told me she does not know about the VSC letter and what she is telling me today is latest information.

Have not seen much activity after yesterday. Hope to hear something today and tomorrow from other folks as well.

There is an Update. I got a call from USCIS Boston office at 5:10PM EST informing that there was some messup and they had sent a letter stating that I was scheduled on 13th (which I did not receive) and she wanted to let me know that my 12th Nov Hynes Convention Center Appointment still holds good. And I need to show up on the 12th Nov and get the orginal Colored Oath letter.

The only confusing part is that I got a letter from VSC canceling the 12th Nov Appointment, so I am not sure what up with that part. When I mentioned that to the caller she told me she does not know about the VSC letter and what she is telling me today is latest information.

Have not seen much activity after yesterday. Hope to hear something today and tomorrow from other folks as well.

Hi, I also got a call from the Boston office, ~5 pm today. The guy I spoke to asked if I had received any letter recently about the oath ceremony. I told him yes, I got a letter saying that it was descheduled. He said ignore that letter - it was a mistake - Nov 12th, Hynes Convention Center, 10.30am is still on and to show up with my colored letter at that time.

Very happy for you guys, kd6804 and boston44! I myself haven't heard anything since the letter about the Oath Ceremony getting descheduled.

Very happy for you guys, kd6804 and boston44! I myself haven't heard anything since the letter about the Oath Ceremony getting descheduled.

Thanks Anoush! They called my work phone number rather than my cell phone or home phone, even though it was slightly after 5pm, so if you gave them a different daytime number at any point you might try checking the voicemail!??

Thanks Anoush! They called my work phone number rather than my cell phone or home phone, even though it was slightly after 5pm, so if you gave them a different daytime number at any point you might try checking the voicemail!??

I guess first they called home phone number in my case and then called the Cell phone, I was at work. The home Caller ID said "US, GOVT GSA".

So keep the listed phones nos in N-400 close to you. They dont leave a message rather talk to you in person seems like.

Oath

Well I was also waiting for my cancellation letter but found nothing in the mail. It seems that we are all on for 11/12 then. Good luck to everyone.

Hello all, I received a call from USCIS as well, same letter sent in error. Please show up as previously scheduled.

I have my oath scheduled on Nov-12th along with my wife at 10:30. I got a mail yesterday from USCIS stating that its been de-scheduled. But when I got home (after picking the mail and reading it in the parking lot :) ) , My wife told me that she got a call from USCIS stating that this notice was sent out by mistake for me and the OATH will be held on 12th as per the old schedule. The officer also asked me to bring along this notice. Only I got the notice and not my wife. Since, USCIS confirmed by phone to ignore/bring along the notice, I will do the same. I am assuming that this will be the case with everyone who got this notice. Please validate/verify it by using the means/methods outlined in this posting by experienced members.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Done with interview

Hi all,
Iam done with my interview today......at Boston.They asked me 6 questions from 100 questions listed....everything was simple ...

Sent N-400 application-May 2008
Fingerprint done-June 2008
First interview scheduled-Aug 12 2008---rescheduled
Second interview scheduled-Oct 1 2008---rescheduled
Third and final interview scheduled - Nov 3 2008 --Successfull
Oath date scheduled - Jan 8 2009 ---thats the earliest they can give me...

Reddy

...haven't heard anything since the letter about the Oath Ceremony getting descheduled.

I got an InfoPass for today to inquire about that letter (pertaining to the 11/12/08 ceremony), and got told, as others on this thread reported earlier, that the notice was sent in error, and was instructed to show up in accordance to the original notice.

Thank you!
Anoush