Boston, MA Interview Experience

mitroloz03

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am mostly a silent reader of this forum but I want to share my interview experience with you. Interview was scheduled for yesterday at 2:00PM at room E170. Got there around 12:00PM. Some lady took the index finger print and my signature and directed me to check in. Since my lawyer was already there waiting we both checked in. We had to wait there for 2 hours. Finally at 3:30 my name was called and I went in the officer's cube.

1. He asked me to raise my hand and swear in that I will tell only the truth.
2. Sat down, he spend 5 min browsing through my file and paperwork
3. Confirmed name, address, biographic info, date of entry, manner of entry.
4. Asked when I did start to work for my employer
5. Had a nice chat with my attorney on how messed up Vermont Serv. Ctr. is.
6. Asked for last 8 paystubs, 04 W2, 03 Tax returns, I-94, EAD, Passport.
7. We were told in to wait there for a second, he left with all documents.
8. 3 minutes later he showed up, shook my hand and told me "Welcome to United States as a Permanent Resident, Please bear with me until I stamp your paper work and then I will stamp your passport"
9. Stamped a bunch of documents on my file, then stamped passport
10. Congratulated me again, told me card should be in within 2 months since they are fast nowadays, and I am free to travel and work.

That was it. I think having a lawyer with you is a good idea since his presence there makes a difference, at least in my opinion. The officer was extremely extremely friendly.

Interview letter asked for: "All original documents, Passport, I-94 and all documents that qualify you for permanent residence" My suggestion is take all.

Case transferred 09/04, Interview letter received 11/04, Interview and approval 02/05.

Case details:

EB3 RIR
I-140/I-485 RD 05/03
FP1 05/31/03
EAD1 06/03
I-140 RFE 12/03
I-140 AD 03/04
FP2 08/04
EAD2 07/04
I-485 Transferred 09/04
Interview letter 11/04
Interview & Approval 02/05

P.S. No online case status updates since 06/03

Hi mitroloz03

Hi mitroloz03,

Could you share the financial details. How much did the Lawyer charge you for their services to accompany you ?

Did your Lawyer come with you or was it any of his/her Paralegal Assitants ?

All details appreciated

Thanks

Responses

-Lawyer price was included with the package I signed up with, basically $4500 for the whole process. In the contract it was specifically mentioned that the lawyer would personally attend the interview, should an interview come up. That lawfirm has changed this now and they currently charge $1500 for document indexing + interview appearance.

-The lawyer himself appeared at the interview.
-My case status has not changed since June 2003!
-I do not know why I was transferred by as per my lawyer there are two possible cases which make sense:
i) Wanted to make sure I still work for the same employer
ii) Change of address.

Thank you

Thank you MD_Rockille. I remember you and ETA-GC encouraged me 3 months ago when I asked some questions. Your answers were so correct. Thank you again and I hope you get approved soon!!

Interview in Boston coming up

Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago, I got an interview letter in the mail. My interview is scheduled for the beginning of April in Boston. However, my case is employment-based and complicated by the fact that I applied under 245(i) before April 2001. Two questions:

1. Could someone advise me as to what I should expect at the interview given the fact that I was out of status for some time in the US?

2. Does filing under 245(i) increase my odds of rejection, or does the transparency actually appear favorably?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-kj

245 i interview

couple of my friends were interviewd under the same catogery ( 245 i ) and they all got approved. 245i chances are the same like any other case.
good luck to everyone.

gogi274