Boston Interview

tarunr

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview today. The letter said we should reach there by 8:00 AM , we reached there at 7:30 AM. My wife went first at 7:40 AM, she came back in 5 minutes , I was called in at 7:50 AM , was done by 7:55 AM.

Very nice experience. We were told to wait for few minutes and were given oath letter for next month. By 8:15 AM we were outside the JFK building.

5 question from the 96 questions were asked.
I had 2 traffic tickets listed in my application for speeding , was asked that If I paid or went to court. I told that I paid of the tickets.

Overall a excellent experience.

Also thanks to the board here. All along I am reading this since I applied N-400.

Best multi-site team I worked with.

Thanks Rahul, JoeF and everyone who ansered my questions so promptly

tarun

tarunr said:
I had my interview today. The letter said we should reach there by 8:00 AM , we reached there at 7:30 AM. My wife went first at 7:40 AM, she came back in 5 minutes , I was called in at 7:50 AM , was done by 7:55 AM.

Very nice experience. We were told to wait for few minutes and were given oath letter for next month. By 8:15 AM we were outside the JFK building.

5 question from the 96 questions were asked.
I had 2 traffic tickets listed in my application for speeding , was asked that If I paid or went to court. I told that I paid of the tickets.

Overall a excellent experience.

Also thanks to the board here. All along I am reading this since I applied N-400.

Best multi-site team I worked with.

Thanks Rahul, JoeF and everyone who ansered my questions so promptly

tarun

Congratulation tarunr to you and your wife …

Me too I Thank Rahul, JoeF, and you too tarun, thank you for helping and answering every and each questions. It’s nice to see people helping each other….

Timeline

Hey Tarun-

Congrats! Would you mind posting your timeline? Also, does it matter whether you actually paid the ticket or appealed it? Reason I ask is that I currently have a speeding ticket which I appealed (25 mph in a 20mph zone) which may or may not be adjudicated before my interview. I appealed it because I think I was within the margin of error for speeding and I wanted to avoid added insurance costs...

Let me know what you folks think

-- Gaude

Thanks Gaude

Do not worry about traffic tickets, they are not interested in those , if you have gone to the court also , it is ok , every one understands that the insurance is expensive , i would have gone too if it was a marginal speed issue.

They are more keen to know if your moral character is good, if you have too many tickets , it might be a issue , I had 2 in 10 years and I guess every one speeds once in a while and get caught too.

do not worry , if all the rest of your paperwork is good you will be out in 5 minutes.

For bostonites do not drive to JFK building, best is to take the T , as it is just across Haymarket on Orange and in front of Govt. center on Blue.

Have a lot of fun and pleasant weekend

Forgot adding my timelines

Filed - May 21st 2005
Finger Print - July 21st
Interview Received - August 16th
Interview - 23rd Sep 2005
Oath - Next Month

Congratulations tarunr !!
My interview is scheduled in the last week of Oct in Boston.
Can you pl. let me know wheter you applied on "5 years after GC" basis
and so if you had taken IRS trascripts to the interview?
Thanks for you help.

veeru

Yes I applied after 5 years of GC.

IRS transcripts were not asked in my letter so I did not take those.