Boston INS Walk-in EAD???

gc_aug_02

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have any info on the walk-in EAD renewal policy of the Boston INS Office. I know that they have an off again/on again deal with this walk-ins situation. Anyone with any experiences regarding the same.

Thanks

Someone please advise......

Three months ago when it was time to renew my wife's EAD we read on the Boston INS website that walk-ins for EAD were welcome. Infact it still says so. So we waited for a month and went for a walk-in and were casually informed that the website info was outdated. We immediately filed for EAD by paper. Now its two months past and her EAD is not yet approved. She is on a contracting job and in serious jeopardy of losing the job.
Can knowledgeable folks in the forum please advise on any alternatives that are available. Would the Boston INS office people be sympathetic to this situation and issue interim EAD before 90 days? Or is it possible to go to some other INS center which would issue interim EAD before 90 days?

Waiting for your valuable input.

Thanks a ton

boston office will issue Interm EAD after 90 days . I don't know why you guys went to boston for EAD in the first place. You can try to get interm EAD before 90 days but i don't know anybody who go it from boston office.

Try InfoPASS ...

The InfoPASS system was just introduced in the Boston office, so you can try that for interim EADs ...

gc_aug_02 said:
Three months ago when it was time to renew my wife's EAD we read on the Boston INS website that walk-ins for EAD were welcome. Infact it still says so. So we waited for a month and went for a walk-in and were casually informed that the website info was outdated. We immediately filed for EAD by paper. Now its two months past and her EAD is not yet approved. She is on a contracting job and in serious jeopardy of losing the job.
Can knowledgeable folks in the forum please advise on any alternatives that are available. Would the Boston INS office people be sympathetic to this situation and issue interim EAD before 90 days? Or is it possible to go to some other INS center which would issue interim EAD before 90 days?

Waiting for your valuable input.

Thanks a ton

You can check both from previous posts and current processing dates that they are approving within a few weeks of receipt - so even 2 months should be okay.

VSC Walk-in

Hi Guys,
Went to Boston INS Office yesterday. The Officer there refused to grant interim EAD on the grounds that the application is not yet 90 days old. Thought we will try our luck with the VSC walk-in thing and drove up to vermont but the ladies up there said was that the case was assigned to an officer and they could not do anything about it. Heck, they did not even have the latest VSC processing dates posted on their desks.