Boston INS Office walk-in EAD ??

gc_aug_02

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any info on the walk-in EAD renewal policy of the Boston INS Office. I know that they have an off again/on again deal with this walk-ins situation. Their website says that they do it but any experiences regarding the same ??
Also my wife's EAD expires before 90 days filing and waiting period. Do you think going and requesting the Boston INS guys for an I-EAD would work??

Would greatly appreciate any response.

Thanks

Someone please advise......

Someone please advise......

Three months ago when it was time to renew my wife's EAD we read on the Boston INS website that walk-ins for EAD were welcome. Infact it still says so. So we waited for a month and went for a walk-in and were casually informed that the website info was outdated. We immediately filed for EAD by paper. Now its two months past and her EAD is not yet approved. She is on a contracting job and in serious jeopardy of losing the job.
Can knowledgeable folks in the forum please advise on any alternatives that are available. Would the Boston INS office people be sympathetic to this situation and issue interim EAD before 90 days? Or is it possible to go to some other INS center which would issue interim EAD before 90 days?

Waiting for your valuable input.

Thanks a ton

u SHOULD try !!!!!!!!!!

Not sure @ Boston but general rule is not to get I-EAD before 90 days. I would still suggest you to go to BOSTON office and try yr luck. You might take letter from her employer requesting for her extention or she will be laid off (incase emlpoyer already told her).

I beleive you should take infopass appt for as early as possible.
Boston District (from 8/17/2004) started.

Chances are less but she need to try her luck.

JAI SAI RAM.

If you have filed it @VSC then you can try going to VSC. My friend was in a similar situation.Requesting Boston office didn't help much. As a last option he drove upto VSC and explained the officer his urgency.His EAD was approved the same day.I think VSC public window is closing on 1st Sep.

Same situation here also

My wife's EAD also expired in June 04 and I went to boston office, they rejected and said we cant help it. I then sent it to VSC, got reply after 15 days that they have transfered my case to Newyork office for speeding purpose. So far no answer fron NewYork office. We live in Boston and wondering why did they send it to NewYork office, which is slower then Boston. Immigration people sucks, I am trying to get her AP, which is also taking so much time. We tried to send them fax, even call them but so far no luck.

Walk-in experience at VSC

Hi Guys,
Yesterday in the morning we drove up to the Boston INS Office hoping that they will cut as a break and give us an interim EAD, but the officer there was adamant about the 90 day rule. I showed her the Website printout explaining to her why we did not file within 90 days but it did not cut it with her.
Dejected we came back and I saw postings where some people had some exceptional luck with the VSC customer service window. So we drove up to Vermont to try our luck there. The ladies up there chanted the same 90 day mantra and told us that the case was with an officer and he will get to it. She could not give us any time estimate. Also we asked her about my wife's I-485 case since we had that receipt too (ND Aug 2002) and she gave us the news that it is not even assigned to an officer and was still waiting in queue. I did not even venture to ask about my 485 case. Needless to say, it was a long drive back home.