Boston I-485 Interview Experience - File Transfer Issue

Bar Fly

Registered Users (C)
I had my I-485 interview last week at the INS office in Boston. I was told that my original file was in the NSC (not sure how that happened). I was told that a manual request for file transfer was being triggered and that my passport will be stamped once the file transfer completed. I was also told I will not be interviewed again and that everything was okay with the case. Anyone with similar experience? Does anyone know how long it takes for file transfer from one service center to another?

Thanks.

No Title

I had similar file transfer scanario during my interview on August 30th. 3 months ago. Still no reply.

On Nov 13, I went to INS Baltimore office asking the status. First they brushed me off with 6 to 8 month standard reply. I then applied for AP for some urgent travel. Normally all the AP cases are approved with 30 minutes. After waiting for about hour and a half, one IIO came to me and said that my AP would be denied and I would get the answer in mail. The reason being they are working on my original I485 case and she had just gathered the two files and left on the table of the officer who interviewed me on Aug 30th. According to her I should be getting some reply very soon. All this happened because I asked for AP which prompted them to work on my case.

I would sugggest you to show up in the local office after about a month and request the status information. . Best of luck.

Enn Jay

No Title

Hi ennjay:
I thought after interview they will stamp on same day. is it true or not?
if you have interview on Aug. 30, why did they not stamp on same day? is it normal. Could u please tell us as we have interview
at newark. our file transferred to newark.
thanks

No Title

Dear BarFly,
Could you please tell when your file was transferred to Boston, and how long did you wait for the interview date. Thank you.