Boston EAD renewal update

amitGreen

Registered Users (C)
Good news for all of you thinking of getting ur EAD renewed:

I went to the boston INS office this morning and got my EAD the same day, I asked the lady who makes the EAD cards about the "one month" deal, she said that they are changing policies almost everyday.

I work in downtown and went to the INS office yesterday and the day before.

Monday : reached at 10:00 AM after 1/2 hr in the line the guard made an annoncement "The EAD machine is broken and they are not even accepting EAD applications. Come on Wed."

Tuesday: decided to give it another try, reached the reception where they issue waiting numbers, the lady told me that they were not accepting applications because of the number of applications were too high, so if you want to submit ur app get in early like 6:00 AM.

Wed : Reached at 6:00AM and waited in snow with several other ppl, they opened the gate at 7:00, my turn came about 8:30 AM, the guy to my surprise asked me to take the application to the EAD room and get my card.

Get in early if you want to get done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I was there today too. But I was filing for new EAD. Did the young man serve you at the counter 8? I was served by him. He told me to come back on the week of 12/9 because camera is broken for taking picture of EAD. I got a notice saying EAD has been approved. Please stop by in the week of 12/9 to pick it up in EAD room. I know the excuse is made up because serveral people are taking pictures in the camera room. But at least it's not the horrible policy of waiting for 30 days. I'm happy with the result.

x admin

yes it was the guy at #8, very strange....

I got photographed at aroung 8:40, and the camera was working then. and the lady asked us (me and another guy with a funny head gear) to wait outside, 5 minutes later she came out with the EAD cards. The EAD card room is on the left side, opposite the reception desk.

At what time did u get at the counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what time exactly. I think I was before you. I arrived very early in the morning and my head is dizzy after a nap. Do you really think we should have arrived that early for EAD/AP? I still need to apply for AP later; but I'll arrive by 7am. Do you happen to know/remember what docs (copy or original)you brought with you when you applied for AP? I didn't bring my origin passport today and they won't issue to me :( I used my copy of I485 receipt today and it's working for EAD; will it be possible next time they ask for seeing origin I485 receipt for AP? I'm very "troubled" with these hidden rules. thanks,

x admin