Boston- did anyone get interviewed lately?

pras01

Registered Users (C)
Is the Boston office at all working on the I-485 transfer cases? If anyone got interviewed at Boston office recently, please post you experience and your details. Please mention the Rm # too. Thanks.

Interviewed and approved

I had an interview last week (Rm 170). My case was transfered on Sept last year (but they got my case in November). The officer is very nice. I brought all the original documents regarding my case but he didn't ask them. He just asked some my personal information to fill out some documents and then stamped my passport.

pras01 said:
Is the Boston office at all working on the I-485 transfer cases? If anyone got interviewed at Boston office recently, please post you experience and your details. Please mention the Rm # too. Thanks.

Interview on 9th June

I've my interview lined up on 9th June. Almost similar case as doar, i.e., my case was transferred on Boston office on 30th Nov last year. I'm going to the interview with my Attorney. Should be cool, I guess.

Hope this helps.

:) :) :)

lost in space

Good Luck to you, Lost in Space. Please post your experience i.e. which room was the interview held in, what was the name of the officer, how much was your wait time? My attorney is in New York. When I get called for an interview I will have to go by myself. The attorney will charge too much to come from NY (airfare, hotel stay, fee for appearance).

lost_in_space said:
I've my interview lined up on 9th June. Almost similar case as doar, i.e., my case was transferred on Boston office on 30th Nov last year. I'm going to the interview with my Attorney. Should be cool, I guess.

Hope this helps.

:) :) :)
Hope this is not so late. I got the interview on June 8 with the attorney, everything is fine and it lasted 15-20 minutes and just general passport, w2, payslip etc. At last, she stamped the passport.

Thanks for your response, guys

Did any of you find out why your cases were transferred to Local Office? I am nervous. If all they need is some more documents, why didn't they send RFE instead of transfer?

hi

Any activity at the Boston office? How many months is the current wait time between transfer date to interview date?

1 year since the transfer!

OK. This is getting ridiculous! Our case got transferred to Boston June 29th, 2004. On Wednesday we are going to "celebrate" our 1 year aniversary!!!
:mad:
How much longer?
:confused:
Our congrasman's office called the immigration 2x and the answer they get is that our case is on the scheduling shelf. maybe it's in the dumbster or something. :eek:

Giedrys,
Richard Neal's office (Bill Powers) has had two enquiries on my case. Boston office told him that my case is "in-line" to be schedules for interview. It has been >100 days and counting. I am going to call them again. Some people got interviews scheduling letters within 90 days of the TD. Make sure your file is not in the dumpster. Keep calling the Congressman every 30 days.

Approved 4 month after interview

EB2
I-485

RD 3/13/03
ND 3/28/04
FP1 5/6/03
FP2 9/24/04
Transfer to boston 10/21/04
Interview 2/28/05 principle applicant approved, derivative(me) FP missing
FP3 3/2/05

File mysteriously transferred to the national archives and transferred back (files go to archive after they've been approved or denied, my attorney said they most likely made a mistake and thought I was approved)

After a long wait of 4 month after interview, 1 week after my file transferred back from national archive in TN, and numerous upsetting visits at the USCIS Boston.....

Approval 6/29/05

Tip: visiting boston office
I hope I never have to walk into that ugly room in the JFK building ever again but while I'm here, it may be useful to know out of the 5-6 times I've visited, there was only 1 immigration officer who was helpful. If you can find him and get him on your side, it'll be a huge advantage to you. We got interviewed merely 4 month after transfer to local office because that immigration officer wrote a note speeding up the process for us. I'm sorry I don't know his name, but he's the only white man in his late sixties that I've seen on the office. I must add, try to avoid the other officers - perhaps I'm naive but they are some of the rudest people ever.

Good luck everyone.