Boson office : post interview -- Please help

SpeedyBuzz

Hey,
I had an interview in Boston local office for future employment. The officer told some clerical work is needed and the decision will be sent by mail in few weeks.
Do anybody has encountered this sort of situation? How long does it take to get the decision by mail? Please share you experiences.

I thank you in advance..
-SpeedyBuzz

I-485 Post Interview pending approval

My interview for I 485 conducted on Jan 25,2005 . Since then, I have been waiting for final approval. Please post if this is a common practice

Still waiting final decision

Oh my god!! you are waiting since January.. Yeah i know the frustration. May be some more people can shed light and share their expereince..
Also, what exactly the officer told at the end of the interview when they decided not to stamp right there? Please expalin if possible

- What is your Filing Category.... EB1, EB2, EB3
- Priority date
- Did they take your I-94, (EAD et al)
- Any other instructions they gave you before you left the interview table?

gc4us said:
- What is your Filing Category.... EB1, EB2, EB3
- Priority date
- Did they take your I-94, (EAD et al)
- Any other instructions they gave you before you left the interview table?

gc4us

My Filing category is EB-1 PD 26 Dec,2002
I was told by the officer to receive the response as quickly as we submit additional evidence of Non availability of birth record.

Since then I am waiting.

SBK2005

I have the SAME situation. My parents and I were interviewed in Boston on 2/28/05 on my mom's employment based green card. Interview was long but no signs of trouble. My mom received the stamp in her passport right away and 3 weeks later, the actual green card.

However, my father's approval was delayed because we didn't bring a court-certified doc indicating a dismissed arrest of assult and battery. My petition was delayed because FBI lost my most recent finger print. Immigration officier took our 1-94 and reassured us as soon as he get the documents from my father and I, we would be approved.

My father submitted cour-certified document and I re-did my fingerprint 2 days after the interview 3/2/05. We went to check the status 2 month later on 5/13/05...basically got nothing out of the officiers at infopass boston. I'm so disheartened because I am graduating college in 1 week and can't accept any job offer b/c of the delayed green card. My grandma is turning 80 in a month and I haven't seen her in 9 years. I would really appreciate any insight/help anyone can offer as to how much longer we have to wait till they get to our case.

AnxiousinBoston

Congratulations on your graduation. Don't be disheartened. My RD is 11/2002. My child also graduated from college last year, and our gc is still pending. We are working on EAD ever since (3 renewals). From 3/17/05 our files are in the Boston office and they want us to wait another year before the interview. At least you got the interview! Could you give some details about your visit on 5/13/05? What was the name of the officer? Did you go to Rm E-160 or E-170? I was in the office in March asking for an emergency Parole to travel to see my 76 year old father who was to have a surgery. That is when they tracked our files gathering dust in Ohio. I insisted on meeting with the supervisor who got us our AP one day before our travel. What exactly did they tell you on 5/13? FBI sends FP results the same day. Go back in a week and ask to see the supervisor. Tell her you just graduated and would like to see your 80 year old grandmother. Don't lose heart, it will all work out.

Hi Pras01,

We went to room 160, the larger room all the way down the hallway. I cannot recall the officier's name but she was a latina in her late 30s, early 40s? She basically said my FP finally came through (after 2 month) so now we are waiting in line for our case to be read by a supervisor. I asked if she knew how long is the waitlist and how many people before me, she said and i quote, "you wouldn't believe me, if I told you," with a smirk. I take from that that she has absolutely no idea.

But I think I will also ask to speak with a supervisor. How does that work? Are they receptive to that idea? We're also considering writing to our state senator but I have read mixed opinions on that. Some say it helps while other believe immigration gets annoyed at people who do that. Anyway, I hope you get the interview soon. Actually come to think of it, if you can get someone to write you a note documenting that you have some sort of special circumstance and you need to get your interview soon, you may be able to bypass some of this crazy wait. My parents and I did that, and we got our interview within a month. The officier we spoke with that time was an old gentleman in his 60s (white). Hope that helps.

anxiousinboston said:
Hi Pras01,

We went to room 160, the larger room all the way down the hallway. I cannot recall the officier's name but she was a latina in her late 30s, early 40s? She basically said my FP finally came through (after 2 month) so now we are waiting in line for our case to be read by a supervisor. I asked if she knew how long is the waitlist and how many people before me, she said and i quote, "you wouldn't believe me, if I told you," with a smirk. I take from that that she has absolutely no idea.

But I think I will also ask to speak with a supervisor. How does that work? Are they receptive to that idea? We're also considering writing to our state senator but I have read mixed opinions on that. Some say it helps while other believe immigration gets annoyed at people who do that. Anyway, I hope you get the interview soon. Actually come to think of it, if you can get someone to write you a note documenting that you have some sort of special circumstance and you need to get your interview soon, you may be able to bypass some of this crazy wait. My parents and I did that, and we got our interview within a month. The officier we spoke with that time was an old gentleman in his 60s (white). Hope that helps.
Thanks for replying. I insisted that my father needed the surgery and showed my tickets. The officer I spoke with (F. Torres) was rude and kept saying that he couldn't give any assuarances. That is when I insisted on seeing the supervisor. What kind of circumstance will suffice for a quick interview? I approached them thru my congressman, Richard Neal with an expedite request since my I-485 is pending since Nov. 2002. The congressman's liason officer was told that my file is waiting 'in-line' for an interview. I asked if my file is in the line that started in Nov. 2002 but the officer said that the line started all over from the date my file was received in Boston, March 2005. I have to wait another 60 days before I can make another enquiry.

am not sure what to do

Friends
I attended my AOS interview on Jan 20th 2005 officer took our biometrics
(index finger print and signature) ,I -94 and he didn't stamp our passport and he have to have visa number to approve my case ( i have no idea what that means)... he asked us to wait for approval notice ,he mentioned two as two weeks ...
but nothing came up so far
does it mean anything???? am i approved or do i need do anything
any ideas what am i suppose to do???

raj :confused:

Hi, Friends,

I have the interview on June 10 and and end with my 5 years GC processing. I got my passport stamped right away. The officer is very nice. She asked my driver license, passport, I-94, EAD, employment letter, pay stab, W2, and general questions such as have you ever been arrested? When did you changed the job? what kind of the position you have? (Mine was EB2 and AC-21 case)

Sera Li

Last edited by a moderator: