Border crossing at Niagara Falls for new citizen

gc_guru

Registered Users (C)
Some websites say having naturalisation certificate is good enough for taking a ride into Canada side ( by walk, or car).

Some say we need a passport for new citizen.

Which is true?

My trip is already planned but not sure if I should postpone the Oath or not go into Canada or not... I heard the canadian side has good views.

Some websites say having naturalisation certificate is good enough for taking a ride into Canada side ( by walk, or car).

Some say we need a passport for new citizen.

Which is true?

My trip is already planned but not sure if I should postpone the Oath or not go into Canada or not... I heard the canadian side has good views.

The latest official requirements are at:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ready_set_go/land_travel/announce/chnge_in_proced.xml

Drivers license + naturalization certificate is acceptable, so it's not worth it to move your oath date.

The US view doesn't come close to the Canadian view. The only people who ever view Niagara from the US side are those with immigration restrictions.

-ML

I became a US citizen in October 2007 and applied for the US passport in April 2008.

In December 2007, I went over from Eastern Michigan to Windsor for an afternoon shopping trip. I went via the Ambassador bridge and presented my Naturlization Certificate both to Canadian and US border patrol agents, and everything was fine.