BMB created...now what?

amolnaik

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had sent my AC140 papers to the Mumbai consulate. Case no was created around Mar 5-6. They sent me the case no (BMB....) and DS 230 Part 1 (again) at my local address.

I have read through the archives and I can see this is normal (even though I had sent DS 230 part 1 to them, they sending it to me again). Is that correct?

1. From what I have read on other posts, it seems I might get an appointment date of sometime in May. Is that safe to assume?

2. Considering that assumption is correct and I am currently in the US, when should I plan to go to India? I don't have the police clearance certificates ready with me.

3. I am sure some other post on this newsgroup had a list of documents to be taken for the Consular interview but I can't seem to find it. If somebody can direct me or send the list to me, would appreciate that.

Thanks

Originally posted by amolnaik

2. Considering that assumption is correct and I am currently in the US, when should I plan to go to India? I don't have the police clearance certificates ready with me.

I would apply ASAP. If your pp was not issued in US, it might take 30-40 days. But in any case you should have it by EOM.

3. I am sure some other post on this newsgroup had a list of documents to be taken for the Consular interview but I can't seem to find it. If somebody can direct me or send the list to me, would appreciate that.

Thanks

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

Thanks.

Just to be clear, you mean to get the PCC from Local police in India would take 30-40 days?

What is the I-134 form?

If you are in the US, you do not need to take a PCC from local Indian police station. You can apply for the same at the nearest Indian Consulate in the US that has jurisdiction over your place of residence. For non-US issued passports, they take 5-6 weeks to issue the same.

I-134 is the affidavit of support form that YOU have to complete for each dependents that you may have that are applying for a GC along with you. This form has to be notarized in the US.

titu

Thanks.

Just to be clear, you mean to get the PCC from Local police in India would take 30-40 days?

What is the I-134 form?

Thanks.

What is the I-134 form?
Assuming you are in US, You'll apply for the PCC at the Indian consualte having the jurisdiciton of your residence. If your p/p was issued by Indian consulate in US, you will get your PCC in mail max 10 days. If your p/p was issued by a RPO in India, it might take about 30-40 days.

amolnaik

I did AC-140 through Mumbai consulate and I also got one set of blank DS230-I with the case number eventhough I had sent a completed DS230-I with the application. If you have a copy of the one you submitted, carry that with you for the interview. I was asked for DS230-I during my interview at the time of document submission. When I reminded the desi dude that I had sent it earlier, he smiled and said that it was "on file" somewhere and that I could submit a copy of that right now - which I did. I also had a new, completed DS230-I with me for "just in case" purpose but it was not needed.

May interview is very likely - if not then in June for sure. As for a list of documents, search under kd1403. One of his links has a list
in the very first post itself. That's the one I used!

Hope this helps.

KAT02.

amolnaik:

Here is the link Kat02 is writing about which lists the documents required and / or recommended for cp interview.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=94430

Have fun reading all that information!

Like Kat02 mentioned it takes about 2.5-3 months to get the interview after the consulate has received the case from NVC or AC I-140 packet from the attorney. So you can expect May or latest June interview.

Make sure you apply for PCC @ Indian consulate asap as it may take upto 6 weeks. Remember 1 pcc per applicant on your case and 1 notarized I-134 for each dependent on your case

KAT02 and others, thanks for the info

kd1403:

I thought since I am not staying in the US, I need to get PCC from local police station and/or Regional Passport Office in India. Correct?

I-134: What is the significance of this form?

Thanks

amol:

Since you are staying in india (assumption...if not in usa) the you and any dependents on your GC case need to get PCC both from Local Police Station and also from Regional Passport Office. It is not or ...it is AND.

I-134 (http://www.immihelp.com/forms/showform.do?form=i-134):
Is the affidavit of support form which is a written and notarized proof that you have the financial capability to support your dependents during your stay in usa.

I-134 for employment immigrant visa or I-864 for family based.