BLS returned my application - without refunding FEES - PLEASE HELP

ocioci

Registered Users (C)
I submitted OCI application on 2nd Aug 2013 via mail to WASHINGTON DC for myself and my baby. We both are US Citizens. BLS did not process the application until late last week. BLS returned the application back on 15th August 2013 in UPS envelope that I sent with my package. There is a note with extremely bad hand-writing that they need Kid's Dad's details.

Its mentioned on their website that they only need both parents documents if only applying for a minor. I applied as a family. My husband is Indian Citizen and Permanent resident of USA.

I am too much worried as BLS cashed the check that I sent with application. I confirmed today with Bank that BLS cashed the check on 19-August-2013 (yesterday !!!!) whereas they returned my application on 15th August 2013 !!!!

I made several calls to Customer service and those guys are of no help. They have no idea what is happening or happened with my application. I am totally pissed off with BLS MORONS. Why are they in business ? Their website does not indicate clearly what all documents they need. Their requirements list is very misleading.

Members, please guide me what to do. Whom to contact in WASHINGTON DC office ? BLS took away $565.40.. Do I need to send the check again with additional documents they need ?

Please help me.

- Rashmi

I submitted OCI application on 2nd Aug 2013 via mail to WASHINGTON DC for myself and my baby. We both are US Citizens. BLS did not process the application until late last week. BLS returned the application back on 15th August 2013 in UPS envelope that I sent with my package. There is a note with extremely bad hand-writing that they need Kid's Dad's details.

Its mentioned on their website that they only need both parents documents if only applying for a minor. I applied as a family. My husband is Indian Citizen and Permanent resident of USA.

I am too much worried as BLS cashed the check that I sent with application. I confirmed today with Bank that BLS cashed the check on 19-August-2013 (yesterday !!!!) whereas they returned my application on 15th August 2013 !!!!

I made several calls to Customer service and those guys are of no help. They have no idea what is happening or happened with my application. I am totally pissed off with BLS MORONS. Why are they in business ? Their website does not indicate clearly what all documents they need. Their requirements list is very misleading.

Members, please guide me what to do. Whom to contact in WASHINGTON DC office ? BLS took away $565.40.. Do I need to send the check again with additional documents they need ?

Please help me.

- Rashmi

Hi Rashmi
You only have to pay BLS fee and the ICWF fee which is $7.50 again. You do not have to pay the $275 again. And you do need both sets of documents for minor, even when applying as a family. The website is not clear about the documents required, but that is indeed the case.

So I just send them the same documents that they sent me back plus documents of my husband ?

They were supposed to return the application fee back. Why did they did not return ?

Shall I only send $15.4 cashiers check (for myself and baby - BLS Fee + ICWF fee) along with this application ?

MIddle name for Father/Mother

While filling up online application, I only used First and Last name of Father and Mother. I have not used their middle names although it appears in their passport. Will that be a problem ?

Even for minor, I have only used my husband's first name and last name. I have not used his middle name.

Will that again be a problem for me ?

So I just send them the same documents that they sent me back plus documents of my husband ?

They were supposed to return the application fee back. Why did they did not return ?

Shall I only send $15.4 cashiers check (for myself and baby - BLS Fee + ICWF fee) along with this application ?

I think $15.4 is all that you need to send and send a note sending the number of the original application and let them know that the original cheque has been encashed.

I think the chances are high that they might send it back. They are pretty particular about it, you might get lucky and they might ignore it too.

Even if they send me the application back, how can I make the change (regarding middle name of father/mother) in application ? Its already filled up online. Is cashiers check tied up with application number ? I wish I can make this change right now so that they do not send me back the application again. Any ideas/suggestion would be appreciated.

- Rashmi.

BLS tracks the Applications based on Passport Number and Date of Birth. So you would have to fill the form online again and include a note that the Consulate fees have already been paid. Even better take an appointment and show up in person.

Thank you Vijay for all answers. You are very helpful. Washington DC is 4.5 hours away for the place I live, so I prefer to send mail.

Its better that I fill up the form online again with correct details, print it and include a note (do i need to refer the old application number ?) Will that be an issue ?

Thank you Vijay for all answers. You are very helpful. Washington DC is 4.5 hours away for the place I live, so I prefer to send mail.

Its better that I fill up the form online again with correct details, print it and include a note (do i need to refer the old application number ?) Will that be an issue ?
Include the old Application number also, but a note that you have paid the fees and there is a correction would suffice. All the best .

Vijay,

I am not understanding why do I need to pay again ICWF Fee and BLS Service Fee. BLS returned my application without sending me the check. BLS returned the whole application (with a sticky note that it needs Kid's Dad's details) on 14-Aug-2013 and they cashed check on 19-Aug-2013 !!

Its mentioned on BLS website that:: "If your OCI application is withdrawn mid-process, the Consular Fee is refundable less $25.00 Consular processing fee. The Indian Visa Application Center service fee of $4.70 is non-refundable"

That means if I withdraw the application, then consular fee and BLS fee are non-refundable.

They already cashed the check (amount $565.40 for 2 applicants) that I sent earlier. Please help me to understand this. Thank you.

- Rashmi

Vijay,

I am not understanding why do I need to pay again ICWF Fee and BLS Service Fee. BLS returned my application without sending me the check. BLS returned the whole application (with a sticky note that it needs Kid's Dad's details) on 14-Aug-2013 and they cashed check on 19-Aug-2013 !!

Its mentioned on BLS website that:: "If your OCI application is withdrawn mid-process, the Consular Fee is refundable less $25.00 Consular processing fee. The Indian Visa Application Center service fee of $4.70 is non-refundable"

That means if I withdraw the application, then consular fee and BLS fee are non-refundable.

They already cashed the check (amount $565.40 for 2 applicants) that I sent earlier. Please help me to understand this. Thank you.

- Rashmi
Hi Rashmi
Here is the link to the OCI information on BLS website http://www.visa.blsindia-usa.com/newOciAdult.php. Here is the text that led me to believe that you might have to pay BLS fees "Your OCI application will not be processed without all items listed below. If all items are not provided, your application will be returned to you in approximately 10 business days, and the service fee of $4.70 will apply along with applicable shipping and handling costs". I know this is a little vague and left to interpretation. Call up BLS office or even better the Consulate in DC directly to get a better answer. It really is best guesstimate from my side that you might have to pay the fees again. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to waste my time on the phone with BLS donkeys. I also called up Washington DC Indian embassy several times and no one is picking up the phone. Are they sleeping ? Now I understand why embassy contracted with BLS because both share same values -- "Devalue the customers"

I will send BLS fee $4.70 ($9.40 for two ? or only send $4.70 per application)..I really don't feel giving a penny more to BLS bastards who don't know what they are doing.

I don't want to waste my time on the phone with BLS donkeys. I also called up Washington DC Indian embassy several times and no one is picking up the phone. Are they sleeping ? Now I understand why embassy contracted with BLS because both share same values -- "Devalue the customers"

I will send BLS fee $4.70 ($9.40 for two ? or only send $4.70 per application)..I really don't feel giving a penny more to BLS bastards who don't know what they are doing.

I would say put $9.40 so as to not give them any reason to delay this. I know this can be a very frustrating experience, but kya kare apana desh hi kuch aisa hai :). Everything will work out for you guys. Have a good weekend.

Hello Vijay,

BLS has updated its website and mentioned in bold letters: "Please bring / Send two sets of all Documents (mandatory)" on this link http://visa.blsindia-usa.com/newOciAdult.php

I will send another set of all documents. With my previous application, I sent bubble envelope with UPS Printed Return Shipping label. I sent the application through USPS Priority mail.

Can you please advise me what should I do this time ? Send UPS label or send USPS label ? Please advise me. Thank you.

FYI...I am also self-attesting all documents. I am writing "This is a true copy of the original" --- with signature on all copies because they have mentioned in the instructions that print after filling PART B online, that "The documents enclosed with the application should be self attested"

On their old website they had mentioned to say UPS or Fedex, so I will advise to stick with one of the two even though they are much more expensive than USPS.

Hi

I have applied for OCI & renunciation on 7/12 . I never heard back from BLS & after calling them at least 10 days, I finally got the response that MOney order is not correct & some documentation is missing my signature. I send all that again on 8/4. Now the status on BLS shows In Progress at the Consulate dated 8/6. I checked the OCI track on Indian Govt site & says the

Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS dated 8/21
Vijay421201 do you know l whats the expected time from this point ? Or what would be the next steps ? I'm asking as I may plan trip shortly.

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Last edited by a moderator: