• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Blood test!

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, someone who is a dv winner asked me about the blood test, for what desease does they take it? I mean which is the list of the sexual deseases that they check up? To be honest I did it but dont know the list of the deseases that they are looking for. Thank you.

It depends on country u live, here in Albania I think is for Hiv, syphilis and hepatit B but not sure, coz in the day of my examination the doctor didnt mention anything, just that everything is ok even there were many pages of the blood test, he just checked up, signed and closed it up infront of me.

It depends on country u live, here in Albania I think is for Hiv, syphilis and hepatit B but not sure, coz in the day of my examination the doctor didnt mention anything, just that everything is ok even there were many pages of the blood test, he just checked up, signed and closed it up infront of me.

Hey im curious how many days before the interview do we have to do the medical examination, and do we set the date or its given by the consulate/embassy?

The tests - and what makes you ineligible for a visa - are determined by CDC, not the country you live in. See the link I posted previously in this thread (you may have to scroll up or down the page).

Hey im curious how many days before the interview do we have to do the medical examination, and do we set the date or its given by the consulate/embassy?

How long before depends on your country and the way your panel doctors handle it. Normally you can't book the test until you have the 2NL, you will then need to contact the panel doctor and see when they will schedule you. Some countries you can do the medicals literally the day before the interview while in others it needs to be at least a week or two beforehand, depending on local procedures. You can always of course contact the panel doctor in advance to ask them what the usual procedure for your location is.

The tests - and what makes you ineligible for a visa - are determined by CDC, not the country you live in. See the link I posted previously in this thread (you may have to scroll up or down the page).

How long before depends on your country and the way your panel doctors handle it. Normally you can't book the test until you have the 2NL, you will then need to contact the panel doctor and see when they will schedule you. Some countries you can do the medicals literally the day before the interview while in others it needs to be at least a week or two beforehand, depending on local procedures. You can always of course contact the panel doctor in advance to ask them what the usual procedure for your location is.

Thanks for the quick reply SusieQQQ , I would like to get a feedback from 990 since Im from Albania too :)

thats very helpful :) Thanks a lottt

I did it 3 days before my interview and I got the answer of the examination the same day that I finished my blood test. So in one day u finish all your medical examination. Best of luck

Susie, the document requires for an affidavit of support for DV selectees.... Is it a new rule? :confused:

It is a rule for a handful of countries and I believe Albania is one of those, you may want to check with other Albanians here or the consulate if it is absolutely necessary.

It is a rule for a handful of countries and I believe Albania is one of those, you may want to check with other Albanians here or the consulate if it is absolutely necessary.

I was just wondering if this is a requirement now for all countries, or just for a few countries as you say.

I can't really find something clearly stating what is needed to prove you are not going to be a public charge.

My problem is I have no family in the US and I don't want to bother friends to sign an affidavit of support for me and my family.

I was just wondering if this is a requirement now for all countries, or just for a few countries as you say.

I can't really find something clearly stating what is needed to prove you are not going to be a public charge.

My problem is I have no family in the US and I don't want to bother friends to sign an affidavit of support for me and my family.

It's definitely not a requirement for all countries. I am aware of Albania and some of the FSU countries, like Georgia, as places where it is a requirement. Edit: I've just checked the Georgia site and they now say it "will be useful" where as before it was required. Maybe double check with your consulate, though the link I posted had a recent update date on it.

And there is no clear statement of what you need re a public charge, as it is so individual. It depends both on your assets and if they think you will be able to find a job, etc. So a younger person with hardly any savings but a decent education in a sought-after field might be ok, as an example. Although I also see lots of people from poorer countries not get asked any proof of finances at all and still get visas...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely not a requirement for all countries. I am aware of Albania and some of the FSU countries, like Georgia, as places where it is a requirement. Edit: I've just checked the Georgia site and they now say it "will be useful" where as before it was required. Maybe double check with your consulate, though the link I posted had a recent update date on it.

And there is no clear statement of what you need re a public charge, as it is so individual. It depends both on your assets and if they think you will be able to find a job, etc. So a younger person with hardly any savings but a decent education in a sought-after field might be ok, as an example. Although I also see lots of people from poorer countries not get asked any proof of finances at all and still get visas...

What about mzanzi susitjie :) ?

What about mzanzi susitjie :) ?

Aikona. But they do often ask for proof of finances judging by own and other experiences. There was one person who had to get an I130 before she'd be approved... So it's not unheard of, but definitely not standard.

Aikona. But they do often ask for proof of finances judging by own and other experiences. There was one person who had to get an I130 before she'd be approved... So it's not unheard of, but definitely not standard.
Siyabonga sus
Well I'm having one just for incase !
And with 250k ZAR showing on the statment for family of 4 hope that will suffice?

Siyabonga sus
Well I'm having one just for incase !
And with 250k ZAR showing on the statment for family of 4 hope that will suffice?

Not even $25k at the moment, a bit sickening that... Not easy translating big buying power at home into what is not so big in $ :( ... I don't actually know what the poverty line guideline for a family is?
Rand was at like 7/$ when I entered the lottery now it's almost 11.... Eish!

Do you have any other assets, house, car etc? CO may ask that...