Blast the backlogs

Seth_Chamaklal

Registered Users (C)
Nytimes article blasts immigration backlog:

"The delays in processing some of these cases have clearly been as a result of moving so many of our employees, especially in the service centers, into security checks," said William R. Yates, associate director of operations for Citizenship and Immigration Services, in Homeland Security. "We don't apologize. We have identified a number of persons who represented a threat to the United States.".

Ny times article:

Join the below mentioned e-mail campaign.

Originally posted by ruxrux
I urge everyone to send an e-mail to NY TIMES regarding this. The e-mail is letters@nytimes.com.

They say in their reply to my letter below:
"Letters should be no longer than 150 words and may be shortened to fit allotted space. They must be exclusive to The Times and refer to an article that has appeared within the last seven days. Letters must also include the writer's address and daytime and evening phone numbers (not for publication). Please do not send attachments. "
Obviously, I did not know about 150 words so please keep them under 150 words, but this is a really great opportunity for us, let's grab it! 6 days left!!!

---------------------------------
Dear NY Times,

I am one of I-485 applicants and I have just read the article
"Wait for U.S. Residency Soars Over 18 Month Span"
by NINA BERNSTEIN
at http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/06/nyregion/06VISA.html?hp
published April 6, 2004

It describes:
"The delays in processing some of these cases have clearly been as a result of moving so many of our employees, especially in the service centers, into security checks," said William R. Yates, associate director of operations for Citizenship and Immigration Services, in Homeland Security. "We don't apologize. We have identified a number of persons who represented a threat to the United States."

Me and my family have suffered a lot due to the US CIS permanent residency backlog and Mr Yates forgets that legal immigrants are human beings just like him, with very human feelings:
* I cannot buy a home since no bank would give me a loan
* In case of a layoff I have to leave the country since US CIS requires approved candidates to have a job
* My case has been pending in US CIS California Service Center (CSC) for over 26 months, way over mentioned 18

Therefore, I am appalled and I strongly object against Bill Yates' words "We don't apologize."
He should indeed apologize to us since this is very disturbing and quite derogatory behavior.
Otherwise, he should resign from USCIS since he has obviously forgotten the best practices and elementary work ethic.

Regards,

(my contact info)

Please use one thread

As Edison said, Please respond to NY Times, known as most influential news paper like Wall Street Journal, among the intellectual community in the USA. When right people listen to the issues, things will definitely move, especially in well known democaracies like America. Think how Martin Luther King mobilized whole America to save minorities from southeren American states.
All the best.

Apologies never work,

unless they are sincere. It sounds silly, it may be counteractive. Dont take it as act of fear. But we should make sure they realize , these acts and delays affecting innocent individual applicants. Sometimes 2 rents if your spouse is working outside due to bad job market, 2 diffent bills, travel hassels, Kids missing parents and in trauma, you may not get mortagage due to status, missing potential employers. speakout, let INS folks know how hard it is.
Some of our friends got Canadian GC in 9 months, those folks were efficient and their systems are far better. Here in so-called free nation we cant even get answers from immiggration folks, and not even help from selfish senetors and congressmen. Please keep an eye on these politicians, those who haven't helped you, never support them once you become GCholder and citizen.
By far H1 guys have better chances to get rich than ordinary folks, because of their higher education and wages. Poor politicians dont know that or dont have vision to see beyond the horizon.