Black & White answer to visiting COP...

What PM said makes sense but I also know they can't take away GC at POE just because they think that you are safe if you go back. The officers at POE just have to make sure you are admissable into the United States. They verify that your documents are valid and thats basically it.

Yes they can refer it to the higher ups to look at your case again but the thing is unless you are a criminal, USCIS won't really go back and ask you to prove your case all over again. As PM said people from Bosnia, Afghanistan may be considered safe in someone eyes but the actual asylee/refugee can still claim persecution based on Religion, Race etc.....

As the officer told me that I should do what is comfortable for me. I told him that for me to get a Visa on my NP, it takes more time than on RP and I have to visit family in Germany every few months...He told me that do what makes you comfortable but be ready to be sent to Secondary because RP/RTD documents have been used a lot before to assume identities so thats one more reason they send you to secondary.

I am still going to use RP because it has much more respect than my NP. For instance, I had a RP with VISA to schgen but I still went to Switzerland..the Swiss border control didn't say anything EVEN though they don't accept RP according to their website.. He looked at the RP and flipped around and asked me if I live in the United States? I said yes, do you want to see my GC? he said No its ok and let me go...same when coming back to Germany.

I doubt that having a NP would've allowed me that much of freedom. As for being sent to secondary, I dont think its a big deal...They are doing their job.

Wantmygcnow,
What you said makes sense. In essence, the officer was saying that if using NP and GC is easier, then we all should do it, right?

But what about the upcoming citizenship interview? If they asked the dreaded question: "have you renewed your NP?", and you said "yes", would that put us in a big trouble??

Thx!