BirthCertificate - RFE for delayed Registrations ????

MN-Lucky

Registered Users (C)
I have noticed from some of the responses here that one can expect RFE for delayed BC registrations. I do not know what it means. I got my BC done in India just a year ago for thsi GC purpose only. Does this amount to delayed registration . If so, please someone can provide info for affidivats please. Appreciate it.

RFE on BC

Yes you will get an RFE for getting the BC dated so recently when you were born much earlier. I am going through a similar situation Get your Affidavits ready So when you get your RFE then you can submit them immediately.

hey WWBW

Is it a good idea to send this Affidavits in advance to NSC ( without RFE) or should i wait for it to come. thx

Same issue

I got on RFE regarding BC. I got BC recently and INS is asking for 2 affidavits from my birth witnesses (parents and Uncle) and my Lawyer suggest me to send an non-availability certificate from my local Government also. Right now, I am in the process of getting these docs.

I don\'t know whether non-availability certificate is required for INS. The problem for me is when I was registered my BC I didn\'t get the non-availability certificate. And my parents are getting one now. But the non-availability certificate is going to say later date than BC register date. I want to know, will this creates a problem ? or just send 2 affidavits alone.

rfe for bc when bc is unavailable

arjun - u need an affadavit from your parents that you were born on your birhtdate.... i have pasted the affidavit below - hope that helps else let me know ...

I, ____________________, a citizen of _____________ and currently

residing in __________ do hereby

State that the following is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge:

1. I am the _________ of ___________ {Identify the Relationship}

2. In ______________ {Month/Year} I was living in ________________ {Town where client was Born)

3. __________________ {Client} was born on __________ in ____________ and I know of his/her birth because of my relationship to him/her.

4. __________________{Client} was born to _________________ {Father\'s

name} and _____________________ {mother\'s name}.

Note: Choose either Number 5 or Number 6 below depending upon whichever is relevant to your case.

5. I hereby attest to the fact that birth records for individuals born during this time are difficult if not impossible to obtain and that a birth certificate was not issued to ___________ {client} on his/her birth.

6. I hereby certify that the birth certificate for ______________[client} does not mention his/her name because it was not customary at that time to include the child\'s name on the birth certificate.

Dated: ________________________

No Title

MN - no point sending your affidavit before you get an RFE - for all you know - u may be lucky and may breeze through without an RFE at all - why open some thing unless asked for !

No Title

ptl - i would suggest that you just give your affidavit only and not confuse further - the dates really throw a spanner in every ones work - It is exactly the same situation I am having ...

all the best - vwbw

Please respond

Hi All,

Actually I got the birth certificate in 2000 and the date of registration on the BC is 1966. But the birth certificate issue date is 01/01/2000. Do you think I may get an RFE.

Response to EVR_Govinda7 and pvc...

EVR_Govinda7 :
  INS is asking for 2 or more Birth witness affidavits. Not neccessarily be Uncle. It can be any elderer who were at the time of your birth. But, you have to clearly explain the releationship between you and your parents with the person gives the affidavits. And also i think "just parents" won\'t be enough. You need to get one from other than parents also. I got 1 from my Dad, 1 from my Dad\'s brother and 1 from my mom\'s brother. Please let me know if you need more info. And also I would send Secondary/Higher Secondary school leaving certificates whcih shows your birth dates. Because these 2 certificates normally issued by Local or state governments.

pvc:
 You have 80% change to get an RFE. Pray your god that you want be on other 20% side. It totally depends on IIO. Some IIO\'s don\'t care about dates as long as you have valid BC. But, most of the IIO\'s issues an RFE (asking to submit affidavits) if BC taken recently.

I got the RFE and got only one affidavit.

I already got the affidavits from by parents. My lawyer says that\'s enough. She must have sent the reply by now to the INS. I am sending my High school diploma and what they call in India "High school book", both of which have the date of birth. Hope that\'s enough or you think I should get one more affidavit ?

Birthcertificate question

if one has only 2 affidavites and no birthcertificates, will that be enough? isn\'t affidavites are created if you don\'t have anything?
do one need a letter from village/panchhayaat also?

We got an RFE for delayed BC

My wife\'s BC was issued in 2000 and we got a RFE saying that \'it is so late after the fact that it cannot be used for immigration as it is considered to be hearsay evidence\'