birth certificates

nightsman

Registered Users (C)
Can someone explain whether I need original birth certificate? I have a copy provided to me by the county office that says "this is a copy of the original record" and is stamped and signed by the official on the date it was issued (two months ago). My parents misplaced my original birth certificate and I had to apply and get a new one. Can someone tell me whether this is acceptable?

I also submitted a similar one. My brith was registered within seven months of my birth. The brith certificate I obtained five months ago was stamped the date it was issued BUT.. The certificate says that the informationa contained below was extracted from original birth record in the Year.......from ..(place of birth, district, state name).

My lawyer told me it was OK.

Let us wait until you get copy of your RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Lakksh. That is EXACTLY what mine says 'extracted from...". So did everything go okay for you? Unfortunately, I dont know when you submitted (can you please update your signature to say dates).

Also, what do you mean "Let us wait until you get copy of your RFE" - does that mean you got RFEd for that and I will also? or are you saying we both have to just wait and see.

In any case, please do let me know how your 485 turns out to be. I will not be submitting until Feb.
Thank you so much.

It may not be a problem. Both mine and my spouse's birth certificates were obtained last year and both contained "the information is taken from the original record of birth". We had no problem.

Thank you, Lakksh. That is EXACTLY what mine says 'extracted from...". So did everything go okay for you? Unfortunately, I dont know when you submitted (can you please update your signature to say dates).

Also, what do you mean "Let us wait until you get copy of your RFE" - does that mean you got RFEd for that and I will also? or are you saying we both have to just wait and see.

In any case, please do let me know how your 485 turns out to be. I will not be submitting until Feb.
Thank you so much.

oh. ..I thought you got an RFE for your I-485. I have not received any RFE so far and I think its Ok

Thanks eb1-query

Last edited by a moderator: