Birth certificate

vinathi

Registered Users (C)
Hi I have a question regarding birth certificate. I was born in a small village narsarao peta and they did not register my birth. i wrote in my passport and all other document place of birth is narasarao peta. now they are writing that village as narasarao pet ( moderenized). i got the nonavailability certificate with pet . will it be a problem.

please answer me.

thanks

Non-Availability certificate and Notarized Affidavits from your parents and couple of elderly relatives/family friends might help.

You can search the forum for Affidavit content and similer questions.

My question is my place of birth in my passport and other documents (like H1 and labor is Narsarao peta). but on my non availability it is written Narsarao pet ( infact they both are same).

will it be ok

please advise me

Well, I think I didn't get it right at the first time.

But if you can get an official notice from the Revenue office stating the name of the place has been changed or if you can ask the Birth Certificate issuing authority to state in the Non-availability certificate that the place is formerly called Narasarao Peta, INS may accept it.

There are lot cities that have their names changed in last few years.

Big metros like Chennai formerly Madras and Mumbai formerly Bombay are few examples. We can assume there are considerable no of GC applicants from these cities. So its possibly a common practice.

I never faced this situation, but I think the above solution migt work.

Any body who went through this.

Sorry, for not able to give a concrete solution.

Originally posted by vinathi
My question is my place of birth in my passport and other documents (like H1 and labor is Narsarao peta). but on my non availability it is written Narsarao pet ( infact they both are same).

will it be ok

please advise me

I speak from personal experience and this is not a problem.

Since this is such a small deviation, you may not need to do anything in this matter. However if you want to be very careful then do as following:

When you take the birth affidavits from your parents mention the
name of the place as follows:

.....born at Narsarao peta (Narsaraopet), Andhra Pradesh, India.....

Raju