Birth certificate

Hai one of my friends has submitted his birth affidavits to INS based on INS request. He wanted to know how long it takes to clear his I-485.

INS has reveiwed his I-485 on 10-26-01 and asked for affidavits (statements) regarding birth certificate from two of his relatives, as his earlier sent certificate did not include mother\'s name. He recently got four affidavits (statements)from mother, father, elder maternal uncle and younger maternal, all dated 17th of November. He has posted all four affidavits to INS on 11-19-01 by fedex. Yesterday We checked status of his I-485 on phone, and got a recorded message which is like this :
" on Nov 24th 2001 we received your response to our request for evidence or information, it is taking between 330 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case, however because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approx. 360 days, you will receive written decision on this case ".
 I have one question on this: reviewing I-485 itself took 365 days, does the message mean that he has to wait for another 360 days for the final decision.

3 to 4 weeks

It took about 3 weeks for my case after I replied my RFE in exactly similar situation and it was cleared in 3 weeks