Birth Certificate

Jersey_kishore

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I heard that Indian Consulates in US can issue Birth Certificate by looking at original passport. Does this Birth Certificate valid for filing 485.?Anybody have used Birth certificate issued by Consulate Office?
Did anybody got any queries by doing so???

Thanks
Kishore

Jersey_kishore said:
Hello,
I heard that Indian Consulates in US can issue Birth Certificate by looking at original passport. Does this Birth Certificate valid for filing 485.?Anybody have used Birth certificate issued by Consulate Office?
Did anybody got any queries by doing so???

Thanks
Kishore
-----Birth certificate issued by Indian consulate based on passport info is NOT accepted with I-485 or for GC process. You need original Birth certificate OR Non-availability certificate + 2 affidavits from parents or elderly relatives (better if affidavits are on 10 rupees stamp paper signed bofore Notary or executive magistrate) if Non-availability certificate is not in English it should be translated in English by notary in India or any one can do it in US. If you don’t submit the above you will get RFE or will be asked before I-485 is approved. For sample documents visit www.immihelp.com

Usually birth certificates issued by the high commision (Embassy/Consulate) are more authentic and real than issued by local offices in someone's country. Why dont you call consulate and ask them the same quetion?

value1 said:
Usually birth certificates issued by the high commision (Embassy/Consulate) are more authentic and real than issued by local offices in someone's country. Why dont you call consulate and ask them the same quetion?

Actually the exact opposite is true. Consulates provide BCs based on what is in your passport. That certificate has the exact same value to prove your birth as does your passport (in other words, useless for US immigration).

value1 said:

Not true. There are cases when adjucators rejected consulate DOB certificates and specifically asked for certificates from local authorities (or affidavits).
Consulate provides DOB certificate based from the passport information. Ideally your passport info should be based your DOB certificate. So it becomes a chicken-egg situation.
Therefore, the certificate from a local authority who registered and recorded your DOB information at the time of birth or sometimes later is more authentic. Consulate does not do that.

useful website

you will need to submit your birth certificate from the munical corp or if you dont have that you will need to get a notray affidivate ALONG with a letter from the municipal corp saying that your birth certificate is not available

also this site can help you
http://www.yourmaninindia.com/

Regards
Vijay