Birth Certificate

grtocanin2004

Registered Users (C)
I have been asked to attend for an interview for Canadian PR and submit the Birth Certificate, Police Certificates among other things when I attend the interview.

Iam not sure how to obtain:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Police Certificate from Indian Authorities(I know the process of
getting a PCC from FBI)

I would appreciate if somone can throw some light regarding the above.
Thank You

Originally posted by grtocanin2004
I have been asked to attend for an interview for Canadian PR and submit the Birth Certificate, Police Certificates among other things when I attend the interview.

Iam not sure how to obtain:
1. Birth Certificate
----- If Birh was not registred then you can get Birth certifcate from Registrar of Birth /death certificate, every district has registrar office , if you are from city then municipality can also issue BC
2. Police Certificate from Indian Authorities
----- I think you can get Police clearence certificate from indian consulate in US

(I know the process of
getting a PCC from FBI)

I would appreciate if somone can throw some light regarding the above.
Thank You

indian pcc from consulate in US

If you are located in US, you can visit website of Indian consulate nearest to you and get the details.

I just got mine from Indian consulate in San Francisco. Went to their website, got the details, mailed passport , forms and fees. They mailed me the Indian PCC.

If your passport was issued in US (due to renewal of old passport or loss of passport etc) it takes them 4-5 working days -- this was the case for me. If issued in India it takes them 30-40 working days as per the website.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

I think u can get both the police clearance and even birth certificate from the nearest indian embassy in usa..i had noticed it on the miscellaneous application form, that we can apply for both the birth certificate and police clearance...
Good luck