birth certificate vs affidavit of birth : a question

wajih ansari

Registered Users (C)
I don\'t have my birth certificate available and I filed affidavit of birth from my parents with my I485 application. Now I am concerened about the acceptance of the affidavit. I don\'t know whether INS accepts the affidavit of birth in lieu of the actual birth certificate. I have not received any RFE though. Please somebody enlighten me on this issue.

No Title

I got approved just with an affidavit .
BUt sometimes they also ask for atleat Non Availablity certificate.

If you can get it , better keep it handy .

No Title

Where can I get the letter for the non availability of my birth certificate. please reply.

No Title

You can get the non availability certificate from your Municipality. Just read the article mentioned above and you will know more.

Sheff\'s

No Title

I got approved with the birth certificate from the consulate. No RFE. I did not submit any affidavit from my parents. To be on the safe side I also got my birth certificate from India after i had submitted my 485 application, though it was not required in my case.

No Title

I and my wife only submitted the birth certifiate we got from consulate general of India San Francisco. and we got approved without any problem.

Thanks
Gaurav

No Title

What all documents i should take to Indian consulate? Passport and educational degrees!!

Please help

IGCWAITER