Birth Certificate requirement!!! RFE???

gckajadoo

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Just wanted to know what kind of RFE regarding Birth Certificate you might have received. In My case I donot have Birth Certificate so I have submitted the Birth Affidavite signed by my Parents. I was wondering if anything more will be required and will I get RFE regarding Birth Certificate.
Please share your RFEs or suggestions.

Thanks
gckajadoo

If birth cerficate is not submited with 485 then Affidavite from parents is enough evedience.

In some cases ppl even submited affidavite from other relatives than parents and they accepted it. so don't worry about it

Good Luck

You would have to get a 'certificate' from local authorities where you were born, and indicate that they 'searched' the records and didn't find your name....

ihack1 said:
You would have to get a 'certificate' from local authorities where you were born, and indicate that they 'searched' the records and didn't find your name....

thanks, this is interesting. Well I noticed in different forums that Texas Service Centre is somewhat lenient in regards the Birth Certificates requirement than the other centres. I was curious that if anyone else got any RFE regarding the BirthCertificate and requirement of Certificate from Local Authorities that they serached the records.

Thanks,

what I did was...

I took an affadavit from my mother and and an uncle and submitted it. My I-140 is approved recently by TSC and waiting for I-485.

I donot have any other proof of my birth. My school certificate has the dob but my name is spelled totally wrong with initials and I didn't submit it.

Man

As ihack1 has posted, I obtained a certificate from the local corporation that a record of my birth was not found. I also got affidavits from my parents and an uncle. I read somewhere else long back (several years) that you need all three items (i.e. "no record found" certificate, affidavits from parents and affidavit from someone with knowledge of your birth who is not a parent - relative is ok). In my case, there was no RFE.