Birth Certificate Question

rao2001

Hi Gurus,
What type of RFE\'s that we may get regarding Birth Certificates ??

I am getting my Birth Certificate from India and I have following questions.

a. Date of certificate issue is current date. Does it cause any RFEs ?

b. My Birth certificate is in Telugu language. Translation affidavit should be prepared in India or US ?

c. Can I get my Birth Certificate faxed from India and submit to INS ? Does fax copy is valid ?

I appreciate your valuable input !!!

Birth certificate

Rao,
It is better to produce the affidavits for the birth certificates along with the Birth ceritificate in Telugu. Ask your father or mother and one more relative(uncle, aunt, etc) to go to the notary in India and get the affidavit. It takes one hour.

Also you won\'t clear copies of the document if they are faxed. Ask them to send it thro courier or express post. You need to wait to for a week or more but it is really worth(You are dealing with INS).It is better to be careful before you file for 485.

Good Luck,
Karun

Why do we need affidavit

Why do I need affidavit from parents when I am submitting the Birth Certificate ? I am not sure whether my Lawyer accepts it !!

No Title

Rao,
In my case the lawyer asked me the affidavits from either your mother or father and one of your close relatives. Talk to him/her about this. My filing process was delayed by atleast a month because my lawyer didn\'t spcify in the beginning.