Birth Certificate Question

champ1979

Registered Users (C)
My birth certificate doesn't have my name on it...in India, a child is often not names until about 3 days after birth...it is in English however. Is it okay to send it like that? Did anybody else have the same situation?

Also, does my marriage certificate have to be a certified one? We have a copy of our marriage certificate that we got on our wedding, we also ordered a certified copy, which they said may take 10 working days. Since it's cutting it short (I'd like send my stuff in before the end of this month), I was wondering...

Thanks!

about the birth certificate...i'd recommend you get one from the closest indian consulate. i would think it's be a impossible to link to you a birth certificate without a name on it, right? i mean...how else would you?

About the BC, I was in the same situation. I included 2 affidavits, one each from my parents, stating the particulars of my birth, and why my name isn't on the BC. I also included my high school examination results (CBSE), which have my fathers name on them.

I had no problem with it at all.

Good luck!