Birth Certificate question - Original or Photocopy

sukhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have one quick question regarding birth certificate submission to NVC for my parents I-130:
Do we need to submit original birth certificate in native language?
Or a certified photocopy of the original is acceptable?

I have sent English translation of the birth certificate already to NVC & birth certificates for both parents were issued as 'Not found' from the authorities in India.

Thanks in advance,
Sukhdeep

Are you serious? Never submit the originals of ANYTHING of importance to the folks at USCIS by mail unless they specifically request it in an RFE. You risk never seeing the documents again if you submit them. Take originals and duplicates to the interview.

Hi All,

I have one quick question regarding birth certificate submission to NVC for my parents I-130:
Do we need to submit original birth certificate in native language?
Or a certified photocopy of the original is acceptable?

I have sent English translation of the birth certificate already to NVC & birth certificates for both parents were issued as 'Not found' from the authorities in India.

Thanks in advance,
Sukhdeep

Yes Ananga73,
NVC is asking for originals of birth certificates. I called NVC today to make sure if they accept notarized copies of birth certificates & they don't. NVC have mentioned that either original or certified copies to be submitted & certified copies mean certified by same authorities who issue birth certificate.
Are you serious? Never submit the originals of ANYTHING of importance to the folks at USCIS by mail unless they specifically request it in an RFE. You risk never seeing the documents again if you submit them. Take originals and duplicates to the interview.