Birth Certificate Qn - Passport shows the wrong place of birth!! ...Pls help

nyc850

Registered Users (C)
Hello all:

The entry for Place Of Birth is erroneously entered on my PassPort.
My original Birth Certificate has the name of the place of birth
and the Passport, they entered wrongly only the Name of the District
I was born in.

Would appreciate if anyone could throw some light on how big of an issue this is, and I have an Indian passport and its so hard to get it ammended!

Is there anything I could do like a sworn affidavit, even though I have the ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE, stating it was wrongly entered on the
PP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!!!

My Wife has the same issue

Her passport shows the district only, not the place of birth, I do not know what to do. Anybody can enlighten us??

I hae the same problem

Only difference is since my Birth Certificate didn\'t have my name mentioned in it, i took a Birth Affidavit which says i was born in XXX city,yyy District.

dont worry , be happy!

well, this should not be a problem at all. I had the same issue, my passport listed the district as the place of birth. I just submitted
an affidavit from my parents along with the birth certificate, and had no issues at the Chennai consulate. I had a successful CP interview on Jan24

Just make sure that the affidavit spells out the facts, and just add a statement that the place xxx is in the district of xyz, which is mentioned in the passport.

good luck, dont burn your brains on this one.

No Title

Thanks guys for a quick answer!
All you guys make this board real useful! thanks again!