Birth Certificate not available

Hello,
Im glad you were able to add ur real name to ur BC. I think you will be fine since you added your real name which is B :) I think you should add A under Other names or Aliases since it does say on the BC that A is an alias :) Even though you never used A, its still used in your BC so its an alias. Good luck

any ideas folks?

I have a hard time understanding why you cannot be reissued with a birth certificate from your home country? Are things that really bad in your home country? This is what you have to really think hard about, USCIS is going to compare your birth certificate with your passport and background information contained in your visa application (issued to you to be able to legally enter the US at your home consulate), and discrepancies will cause problems for you. This is what I mean by problems: For example, on your visa application, you put your name as "Maria Banana Apple", born on 01/01/1980 in Venezuela. In your time in the US, school and other legal documentation, Maria Banana Apple has been the official name. However, when you apply for your green card, you are now Pinto Banana Apple and Maria is an alias. You will need to explain this discrepancy, and a legal birth certificate outlining your full name will solve the issue. Translation has to do with translating it to English, NOT adding a new name which never existed in the original documentation.