Birth Certificate Issue

kitaorang

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I need your opinion. I'm in the midth of AOS and I don't have any problems with any other documents except I do not have my original BC. It was misplaced somewhere in my house in my country and my sister cannot find it.

By the way I managed to get a certified copy of my BC from high court of my residency overseas. Just to prepare well, I prepared two affidavits for my mum and other relative to sign and notarized. The problem is, most of the notarize person said they cannot sign it if I do not sent it by myself which is very difficult since I have to travel 28 hours in plane and then I don't want to go out of US until my AOS approved.

Beside that, I also reapply the copy of my BC from my state of birth and its in process now.

My question is, if my abstract of BC from my birth state of birth do not arrive on time until I have my interview, can I use:-

1. My certified copy of BC
2. My original school leaving certificate
3. Any other originals documents that stated my birth place.

I don't want this BC issue give me such burden. Your opinions in this is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kitaorang,

The ceritified copy of BC is plenty good.

And if I am correct, your parents can get the notary made for you from your home country. Why do you need to send it from here ??

And if they are requesting for the notary, then their presence is required and not yours...

Dont worry much and dont go overboard with getting stuff ready for BCIS.

BCIS approved my citizenship when my Birth Certificate was not even in English...

goodluck

Thank SWaiting

Well, I typed the affidavits for them from here and post it, that make it easier for them . But all the notarize ppl in my country said they cannot sign it without my presence. May be different countries different law about this kind of notarize things coz' I read many relatives of other ppl here managed to get their parents notarize their affidavits paper.

I think you're right, not too worry too much. Thank you also to make me feel better about the certified BC. Just hoping my interviewer not going too tough on my BC. Have a nice day :)

i could bet $100 with you that your BC will not even be mentioned in the interview. Certified BC is more than enough. Also your marriage certificate and DL bear your birthday as well.