Birth Certificate Issue-- Anyone?

skgeet

Registered Users (C)
My issue is very complicated so please reply only if you have any knowledge:

One of my friend needs to provide his birth certificate for his permanent visa. He has Indian passport with place of birth mentioned as Mumbai, India. Now the issue is that he was in fact born in Bhutan ,with birth certificate issued from Indian Militraly hospital in "Bhutan".
Soon after his birth, his parents moved back to India and he has lived his life in India since then till he came to the US.
Now, any ideas on how to resolve this descrepancy?

There are two ways to handle it, legal and illegal:
The legal way:
1. Apply for a new passport and this time explicitly ensure that the place of birth is the same as that on the birth certificate (I am not sure as to why anyone would/could confuse being born in Bhutan with being born in Mumbai, but I am sure there were extraneous circumstances)
The illegal way:
1. Ask the parents of your friend to swear an affidavit stating that their son was born in Mumbai and that his birth certificate is not available.

Offcourse the affidavit works only if your friend hasn't submitted the birth certificate as part of his case file. In which case, he is in deep shit and all of the above is moot.