Birth certificate in native language

spulukuru

Registered Users (C)
My Birth certificate is in native language. what do I need to do in order to submit this certificate for the 485 processisng.
please help

Certified translators

Get it translated using a certified translator in the US. You will find one if you look up yellow pages. A friend of mine got an RFE for his wife\'s BC (it was in Hindhi). INS accepted a certified translation.

if translated and certified in India will it be valid in the US

if I get the BC translated and certified by a notary in India will it be valid in the US. Will the INS accept the translated BC ffrom another country or does it require it to be certified here in the US.

Yes it works.

Have it translated and notarised in your native country ,it works I got same done and my case was approved. Keep both original and translated with you submit copies oly.

No need for a certified translator

The certificate can be translated into English by ANY person who lives in US and knows both languages. Basically you can go to your friend or relative with the translation, and get it signed that the above translation is true. Give the name and address. That\'s it. Ask your lawyer if you want to make sure.