Birth Certificate in Different Language

coloradon400

Registered Users (C)
How does one go about translating the birth certificate. A friend mentioned that i could do it myself and then get it notarized. Or should i use a sworn translator? I have a copy translated in my country of origin, is this acceptable?
Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

Thanks Jojo72 for your response, but the alphabet is not the same so they cannot read it. Will they just rely on my word that my name is spelled correctly?

Birth Certificate should be translated in the country of issue by the appropriate authority (Usually a notary).

yes, of course you can translate it and have it notarized. you may also seek a certified translator i that makes you feel better. for years i used a copy translated by me, then i met a certified translator and had her do it too. piece of cake :)

You can do that or you contact the origin country consulate and request one. I know of many people who have done that. But I am not sure if every consulate does it.
Or you go to a notarized translator.

I got mine translated and certified, that's what my lawyer said i had to do otherwise i would get an RFE later it seems