Birth Certificate for Interview

mn77845

Registered Users (C)
Do I need to take an ORIGINAL birth certificate for my AOS interview or will a color copy of the original suffice. The reason I'm asking is my certificate is in my home country and I don't want to take a chance on the certificate not getting here in time.

You are required to take all original documents with you to your AOS interview.

If I may, I would like to add a follow-up question to this...

Does it have to be an original long birth certificate (I'm afraid I read that somewhere), or can it be the original "short copy" from my home country?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

We did not have an "original", but my husband had a notarized copy/replicate from his home country's ministry of health. If it is not the original, it should be in some way "officialized". They will ask for it, but we had no problems with the official replication of the letter of birth.

We did not have an "original", but my husband had a notarized copy/replicate from his home country's ministry of health. If it is not the original, it should be in some way "officialized". They will ask for it, but we had no problems with the official replication of the letter of birth.

Well, the one I have is an official short copy of my birth certificate issued by the Civil Registration Office with an original signature of the clerk and two rubber (ink) stamps. I hope that will suffice.

Thank you for your reply! :)