Birth certificate for I 485

philip.mat07

Hi,

My birth certificate has my old name: Thomas Mathew. All other documents including passport, educational and employment documents have my current name: Philip Thomas Mathew. As you can see there is not much of a difference between my old name and current name. The name 'Philip' was added a couple of years after birth.

Everything else in my birth certificate is correct including parent's names, place and date of birth, date of registration etc.

In my passport, there is an endorsement that I was known previously by the name: Thomas Mathew. I don't have any other proof of name change with me.

Is there any possibility of RFE on my birth certificate? If yes, what additional documents can I submit in order to prevent the RFE? Will an affidavit from my mother help in this case?

Thank you all.

Make sure to send a copy of that passport page which mentions your name change, and write a cover letter which explains the name change and points out the particular passport page. That might be good enough to satisfy them about your name change.