Birth Certificate for I-485 question for my mother

stockrex

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,
I received a lettering asking birth certificate for my mother. my mother was born in then pakisthan now bangladesh.

The letter gave me 87 days to respond.

Here is the language from the letter:

"Birth Certificates

Available. Registration of birth is required in Bangladesh under Construct 21 Rules. The Government of Bangladesh has designated local registrar offices throughout Bangladesh for issuance of birth certificates. Applicants should contact the designated office in the locality where they were born. The authorized registrar office is usually the City Corporation, the Pourashava Office, the Union Porishad Office or the Cantonment Board. In some rural areas, the municipal Chairman's office provides registered birth certificates. The format of the birth certificate should include biographic data, the serial number of the register, the page number of the register where the data was recorded and the identity of person who registered the birth. Embassy Dhaka will not accept affidavits of birth from relatives, friends and neighbors. "

My questions:

1. Get a birth certificate issued if possible and as it issued at a later date get additional documentation, if yes, what documentation?

2. if no birth certificate can be issues, get non-availability certificate and What additional documentation? I am confused here, they mention in the last line, NO Affidavits are acceptable.

thks

According to the US Embassy in Dhaka, BCs are available. So why the question of your mother's BC not being issued?

2. if no birth certificate can be issues, get non-availability certificate and What additional documentation? I am confused here, they mention in the last line, NO Affidavits are acceptable.

Triple Citizen,

I am not sure yet if the local office will issue a BC for my mother, in the event they refuse,
I get a NA certificate
plus
what additional documentation?

Thanks,