Birth certificate affadavit in DD/MM/CCYY format

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I received an RFE for my birth certificate. I have obtained the affadavait from my parents in India from the high court there. The affadavit has a translation of the birth certificate and attested by the government of India.

Now, all dates in my birth certificate are in DD/MM/CCYY format. Do you think its fine to send it that way? If not, what shall I do?

Also, will the affadavits suffice - along with the Hindi birth certificates? Shall I send in original affadavits or copies for my RFE?

Thanks in advance

You also have to get a certificate that says that they cannot find a record of your birth with them only then can you use the affidavit from your parents. I may be wrong but thats what i did and the interviewer didnt aska nything from me.

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello

I received an RFE for my birth certificate. I have obtained the affadavait from my parents in India from the high court there. The affadavit has a translation of the birth certificate and attested by the government of India.

Now, all dates in my birth certificate are in DD/MM/CCYY format. Do you think its fine to send it that way? If not, what shall I do?

Also, will the affadavits suffice - along with the Hindi birth certificates? Shall I send in original affadavits or copies for my RFE?

Thanks in advance

If you have original and complete birth certificate, but in non-english, all you need to do is to submit a certified translation (you could translate it yourself) along with a copy of the original non-english birth certificate.

You would need affidavits from parents and relatives only in the following cases
1. Missing names in birth certificate
2. Incorrect names in birth certificate
3. No birth certificate or birth was not registered (In this case, you need Non-availablility certificate as well)
4. Misplaced or lost birth certificate

Date format doesnt matter. USCIS understands that different countries use different formats. Just for clarity, make sure in your translation that you correctly spell out the month.. e.g 02-Nov-2005

Affidavits need to be sent in original. Do keep copies in case a followup is requested.

Thanks, ari4u as always

I have three affadavits from an Indian court - besides the original birth certificate:

1. Affadavit of translation (DD-MM-CCYY) format
2. Affadavit of my mother being my mother
3. Affadavit of my father being my father

Shall I send another translation of the birth certificate? OR shall I send a letter with the affadavit about the format?

Also, do I need to send the original birth certificate too?

Thanks a million

rajeshfromLA said:
Thanks, ari4u as always

I have three affadavits from an Indian court - besides the original birth certificate:

1. Affadavit of translation (DD-MM-CCYY) format
2. Affadavit of my mother being my mother
3. Affadavit of my father being my father

Shall I send another translation of the birth certificate? OR shall I send a letter with the affadavit about the format?

Also, do I need to send the original birth certificate too?

Thanks a million

You dont have to submit the original birth certificate. Copies are good, and its not required to have them notarized either. Since you have the original birth certificate, I dont know why you got affidavits from so many places when all you needed was a certified translation which you could have done yourself.

Since you have the translation affidavit, you could submit that with a copy of your BC. To be honest, i dont think affidavits from your parents are needed if their names are mentioned with your name on the birth certificate.