Birth Certifiacte in Native Alphabets

srinimuth

Registered Users (C)
I have my birth Certificate (BC), where the Item heading is in both Native Aphabets/English and the details like the person's name, father name, mother name and place of birth are mentioned in Tamil, which is the native language of Chennai.
Is it ok to submit this BC?

Somewhere in this forum - in the documents sent by consulate by email for Packet 4 (I think it is optional form 171) for a candidate, I have read that "All documents not in Englsh or in the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of the country in which application for visa being made must be accompanied by a certified translation into English.

Has any of the past CPers had this issue and what is their experience?

I also seek the opinion of CP gurus in the forum.
Thanks.

srinimuth said:
I have my birth Certificate (BC), where the Item heading is in both Native Aphabets/English and the details like the person's name, father name, mother name and place of birth are mentioned in Tamil, which is the native language of Chennai.
Is it ok to submit this BC?

Somewhere in this forum - in the documents sent by consulate by email for Packet 4 (I think it is optional form 171) for a candidate, I have read that "All documents not in Englsh or in the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of the country in which application for visa being made must be accompanied by a certified translation into English.

Has any of the past CPers had this issue and what is their experience?

I also seek the opinion of CP gurus in the forum.
Thanks.

For these kinds of documents you need to carry a English translated version
of the document. Get this translated by a Govt. certified translator who
would put his seal and signature on the document prepared.

The consulate has it's own means of verifying these through their multi-lingual
staff .

Raju