• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Biometrics

Ausman21

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I see many people talk about biometrics being completed. Can someone enlighten me on this as i have no idea what this is and my interview is on the 30th December in London. I have done everything else already such as medical and police certificates etc... If someone can let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Ausman,

As far as I know biometrics are required for people who are doing AOS. You don't need it.

DV visa winner expereince

i will show you my experience , our interview was on the first of December, i prepared all the necessary documents and financial proofs, the counselor was very polite and the interview took only 5 minutes ,he asked me about our future plans and then said congratulation , no need for biometrics . wish you successful interview.

i will show you my experience , our interview was on the first of December, i prepared all the necessary documents and financial proofs, the counselor was very polite and the interview took only 5 minutes ,he asked me about our future plans and then said congratulation , no need for biometrics . wish you successful interview.

Congrat!

Where your interview was held? was it in London?

How to tell If I do CP or AOS? I'm sorry because I'm not so clear about this? And how to tell if i don't need biometrics? My interview was successful in US Embassy in my country in 2009 hehe :)

Biometrics was a very simple and went very quick just as the medical exam.

The appointment paper + Id were checked and a number given. Immidiately fingerprints were taken. First every finger (flat) on a glass surface and you could see the image on the computer screen. Than all fingers tips again but rolled from side to side. One picture from the face and a survey card was given to ask how the employee treated you and a stamp on the appointment paper was given, and ready to go.

The whole thing took like 5 minutes!:) (no cell phones or cameras allowed in the building, so leave them in the car)

How to tell If I do CP or AOS? I'm sorry because I'm not so clear about this? And how to tell if i don't need biometrics? My interview was successful in US Embassy in my country in 2009 hehe :)

If you are in the US you have the option to do CP or AOS. If you applied from overseas and are not in the US, then you have no option but to do CP.

CP is when you go to the US consulate in a country where you are (meaning not living in the US). You will be familiar with that as you did that in 2009. That is called CP.

If you are living in the US when you won the DV, you can apply for AOS and do the whole process of GC while in the US, there are certain conditions that need to be met when doing AOS, see instructions for Form I-485 regarding eligibility. If these conditions are not met, sometimes people prefer to do CP, in which case they would go back to their country, do the interview process at a US consulate over their and when successful, come to the US. Hope it is clear now.:)

Okay I'm clear now

Hi guys,

Thanks, I'm pretty clear now.

I've done the biometrics and I was doing CP :)

Hey Cooldude06_78, I remember I did ask the question related to Social security card for new immigrant.

Could you please help me on this too If you don't mind? http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=307311 :D

Where are you currently based in US Cooldude?

I'll be going to the Chicago, but I have no friends there but I wanna be there because I like the Urban life. What about you? Mind to share the experience?

Thanks,
TK