Biometrics package

AbyRai

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys:
I am bit confused, I have applied for I-485 family based application.
I received Notice of Action for I-485, on which its wrriten 'They will be sending us the Biometrics package, when and where to get the fingerprinting and photos done'

Don't we get this information with the Notice of Action itself, or they send this as seperate?

Anybody please share the experience, How this works?

Much appreciated...

I am in the same boat & have only recieved the NOA for I485 and I130. As far as I know FP notice comes seperate.

AbyRai said:
Hey Guys:
I received Notice of Action for I-485, on which its wrriten 'They will be sending us the Biometrics package, when and where to get the fingerprinting and photos done'

Don't we get this information with the Notice of Action itself, or they send this as seperate?

Much appreciated...

You are right. It was supposed to be that way. The NOA's usually ask to call the 1800# to schedule an appt. USCIS is changing its procedures now to try and test different ways of optimizing and streamlining the process. Can you share your timeline? Just curious as i want to know since when they started doing this.

My timeline is:

11th Aug 2005: Forms mailed
22nd Aug 2005: NOA received/Checks cashed

Thanks for sharing guys...

AbyRai said:
Hey Guys:

Much appreciated...

Hi AbyRai,
Regards,

You can read about our experience with ASC Dallas for FP/Bio etc. here:

Good News @ ASC Dallas for FP/Bio
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=184403

I am sure it will help and inspire!

Regards,
Piyalove
--------
Timeline:
07 Mar 2005 : INC Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my wife Piya USC in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Received
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 11) AOS Processing started
23 Aug 2005 : Count down ... to GC !

Hey Piyalove:
Thanks for the link. So what should be the next best step I can take:
1. Should I wait for the biometrics package to arrive and then walkin or take an appointment for FP & stuff?
or
2. Should I walkin and try to get the FP/Bio done without receiving biometrics done?

Again Thanks for the response...

Next step for you ...

AbyRai said:
Hey Piyalove:
Thanks for the link. So what should be the next best step I can take:
1. Should I wait for the biometrics package to arrive and then walkin or take an appointment for FP & stuff?
or
2. Should I walkin and try to get the FP/Bio done without receiving biometrics done?

Again Thanks for the response...

Hi AbyRai,
Regards,
When will the bio package come? I am still waiting for mine... guess I dont need that anymore, because I did walkin and it was accepted!

Next step for you ... be brave and do walkin! I would be inspired to do that!

I hope this inspires you,
Regards,
Piyalove

Hey Piyalove..Thanks for the inspiration, that all what we need to get through this painful process.

Its a very naive question,
What should be my DO or Application Support Centers, If I live in 'NY state' not in NY city?
&
Where should I go for FP/BIO (which office)?

Thanks again Guys...

AbyRai said:
Hey Piyalove..Thanks for the inspiration, that all what we need to get through this painful process.

What should be my DO or Application Support Centers, If I live in 'NY state' not in NY city?
&

Thanks again Guys...

If they haven't asked you to make an appointment, they might be trying the new procedure. Anyway, if they haven't asked so, my guess is you won't be schedule the appointment as while you call that mis-information line to make an appointment they will ask you for the ASC code & kinda stuff.

Also, I had 2 times my FP done. Both times they sent me the notice to call & schedule the appointment. After taking your zipcode they will direct you to proper ASC. BTW when I had 1st time in 2003, though I have made an appt when I went to ASC there were no papers to check that I actually have the appt. However, when I went 2nd time in 2004(Aug) for FP they had long list of names, who had an appt that day. After I went there they checked that list that I do have the appointment & then checked my name.

AbyRai said:

&

Thanks again Guys...

Hi AbyRai,
Regards,
Thanks for you question. I would say...
What I will do first is to call the 800 number, they will guide you with the most appropriate office and make an appointment for you. They will give you the address of that ASC also, after that you can just do walkin and get this over with!
I hope this helps and inspires,
FYI: I am in Dallas, I dont know anything about NY or ... sorry !
Regards,
Piyalove

Hey Guru - what is your ND? And has anybody else in the same boat received their FP letter yet? If so, what was the timeline from ND?

Guru and AbyRai, have you tried a walk-in yet? Mine was unsuccessful in Miami a couple of weeks back... I may try again at a different ASC in the next few days.

On a side note, I was assigned different A#s for my I-485 and I-765. Will that be a problem down the line, and should I try and get them harmonized?

Hey vandelay..
I haven't got the chance to try for walkin...but sure may be in coming days I will give a shot as suggested by piyalove and other members experience.
I still have to check my A#s for I-485 & I-765, 'coz I was out of town.
I will let u know about those too...

Enjoy!