Biometrics for 11-year-old girl?

sebia2k

On February 27, I received a notice from INS asking my daughter to go to ASC to give her biometrics(code2). Other family members, who are all over 14 years old, did the biometrics(code3) last year on June 20, 2005. My priority date becomes current in this March and so does the processing date. My daughter has the appointment on March 18, 2006. Will this be a good sign for the approval? And why do they want to capture the biometrics of someone who is under 14 years old? If you have a similar experience, please add the comments on my question. Thank you!!

EB3 Worldwide
PD 4/30/2001
I-485 ND 9/22/2004
FP 6/20/2005
AD ?? soon ??

I had similar experience

Yes I also had similar experience where my 7 year old daughter was FP last saturday. They have started doing this recently and the feedback I got from few people and my attorney revealed that this may be due to the fact that the current date is approaching and also that there will be no need to visit the local INS office for passport stamping as they will mail you the physical GC to you directly. Hope it happens as predicted!!!!

I am in the same boat...

My wife and I did our Code 3 biometerics last year in July. I got Code 2 biometerics notification for my 10 year old son in January 2006 and I got that taken care off in February 2006.

Hope that you are right as my priority date got current in March.

Sub LC - PD - Feb 2000 (EB-3)
140 Approved - July 2005
485 Filed - June 2005
FP done July 2005

jai_GC said:
Yes I also had similar experience where my 7 year old daughter was FP last saturday. They have started doing this recently and the feedback I got from few people and my attorney revealed that this may be due to the fact that the current date is approaching and also that there will be no need to visit the local INS office for passport stamping as they will mail you the physical GC to you directly. Hope it happens as predicted!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Biometrics(Code-2)

I got Bio Notice for Everyone in Mail, Including my 8 Year old Son....But My PD's Are Dec 2003!!!!!

We got too

Yesterday I have recieved for my daughter who is 3 years old. Our date will be current by next month.